What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
I definitely understand the perception, but I think you’d be surprised. I never expected Formula Rossa to deliver much, but almost every hill provided strong, sustained airtime. When you’re going that insanely fast, it doesn’t take a lot of curvature to yeet you out of the seat.
That's actually a very good point. Falcon's Flight looks to have slightly more drawn layout then Formula Rossa which makes sense given that Falcon's Flight is faster if I'm not mistaking,

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That's actually a very good point. Falcon's Flight looks to have slightly more drawn layout then Formula Rossa which makes sense given that Falcon's Flight is faster if I'm not mistaking,
It is, and also it doesn't seem like there will be trims afterwards, whereas Formula Rossa trims pretty heavily after the launch.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
In the layout shown in the video I’m pretty sure I saw a trim near the pullout of the giant drop at 4:24
That is an LSM boost, not a trim. I'm not sure if I was correct in putting it there, but it is my working assumption that it physically needs to have some additional boost between the cliff drop & the Arch Hill to A) Ensure that the train makes it over the Arch at all, B) Makes it over at a decent enough speed to provide some kind of airtime, and C) god forbid it doesn't make it over the arch, there would be a way to reset & swing launch it up & over.

Using the figures in the planning document (607ft at cliff, 531ft Arch hill), that 76ft height difference may be sufficient to clear the arch, but with those absurd speeds, unprecedented friction loss & wind resistance, I have no idea if gravity alone will be enough.

hootie3

Roller Poster
That is an LSM boost, not a trim. I'm not sure if I was correct in putting it there, but it is my working assumption that it physically needs to have some additional boost between the cliff drop & the Arch Hill to A) Ensure that the train makes it over the Arch at all, B) Makes it over at a decent enough speed to provide some kind of airtime, and C) god forbid it doesn't make it over the arch, there would be a way to reset & swing launch it up & over.

Using the figures in the planning document (607ft at cliff, 531ft Arch hill), that 76ft height difference may be sufficient to clear the arch, but with those absurd speeds, unprecedented friction loss & wind resistance, I have no idea if gravity alone will be enough.
Wouldn't there need to be trims somewhere though for block zones? Or do LSMs also act as block zones as well?

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
A neat attraction tidbit that came out of IAAPA;

This was first presented way back in 2017. You can read more and watch the video here;
A detailed ride map emerged on ThemeParx the other day of this unique attraction, coming to the waterpark;

Trax

Hyper Poster
I would like to take this moment to say "AYY LMAO YOU WERE WRONG" to those who said it wouldn't happen.
It hasn’t opened yet; keep in mind that they also started Six Flags Dubai, and we all know how that went.
I’ll still have to admit that it already got further than I expected.

Last edited:

Fooz

Roller Poster
It hasn’t opened yet; keep in mind that they also started Six Flags Dubai, and we all know how that went.
I’ll still have to admit that it already got further than I expected.
Six Flags Qiddiya is not a park by Six Flags company.

Trax

Hyper Poster
I know, but it is still a large scale park announced in an arab country, where construction is taking place.
SF Dubai was at a similar stage when it was canceled, and I don't think that Six Flags has pulled the plug for the project.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I know, but it is still a large scale park announced in an arab country, where construction is taking place.
SF Dubai was at a similar stage when it was canceled, and I don't think that Six Flags has pulled the plug for the project.
SF Dubai didn't have any rides going up, though.