What's new

Six Flags Qiddiya| Saudi Arabia | Theme Park

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Huge ass ****ing document, it's dated January 2023 so super recent stuff. Gonna belt out our latest knowledge on the coasters;

Falcon's Flight; 607 ft Tall on the cliff with a 535 ft freestanding camelback right after. Significantly larger than we were expecting, and I told many people that the freestanding structure wouldn't top 350 ft. Very naive sometimes.

Colossus; Wood-steel hybrid coaster, 20 guests per train, 2,624.6 ft length with 30 airtime moments.

Spitfire; Triple launched coaster with the spike.

Iron Rattler Mine Train; The giant Vekoma tilt as we know it.

Twilight Express; Pretty much a Vekoma 207m Junior Coaster.

Steam Town Falls; The Mack Poseidon water coaster clone.

Sea Stallion; Maurer Spike Coaster with 9 cars and 2,132 ft of track, by far the longest one yet.

Adrena-Line Express; The custom Vekoma SFC.
only reason I think is happens is because it's the damn Saudis. They have the money for it.

Well, time to plan and make sure I don't say anything bad about them on social media.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
only reason I think is happens is because it's the damn Saudis. They have the money for it.

Well, time to plan and make sure I don't say anything bad about them on social media.

And that’s the exact reason I think it’s likely this won’t happen, it’ll start construction and then stall because it’s way too ambitious, with little to no demand for the project, like many previous projects have in the past in this region.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
And that’s the exact reason I think it’s likely this won’t happen, it’ll start construction and then stall because it’s way too ambitious, with little to no demand for the project, like many previous projects have in the past in this region.
Best case scenario, we end up with something like Ankapark/Wonderland Eurasia. They build it more-or-less as planned, it opens, but apart from the buzz of opening weekend it receives too little footfall to justify the running costs, then it limps on for half a year before closing without an announcement.

Rzx

Roller Poster
Best case scenario, we end up with something like Ankapark/Wonderland Eurasia. They build it more-or-less as planned, it opens, but apart from the buzz of opening weekend it receives too little footfall to justify the running costs, then it limps on for half a year before closing without an announcement.
the thing is Riyadh has a population of 7,5 million, and Saudi Arabia has 36,4 million in population. And 58% of the population travel internationally for leisure purposes. So if it opens, even if no international tourist come to the park, the Saudi people will be enough to keep the revenue flowing in the park. Since there is no theme/amusement parks in Saudi Arabia, the only parks that is near is in Abu dhabi or Dubai in the united arab emirate.

cocoa

Mega Poster
i hope they like pink coasters, or theyre going to be repainting that 600 foot tall baby every year

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
the thing is Riyadh has a population of 7,5 million, and Saudi Arabia has 36,4 million in population. And 58% of the population travel internationally for leisure purposes. So if it opens, even if no international tourist come to the park, the Saudi people will be enough to keep the revenue flowing in the park. Since there is no theme/amusement parks in Saudi Arabia, the only parks that is near is in Abu dhabi or Dubai in the united arab emirate.
It depends on the attitude of the locals towards parks; is there an appetite for them? With Saudi Arabia, that's a bit of an unknown.

Dubai gets a lot of Saudi visitors, and their parks are dead. Yes, 58% of Saudis travel abroad, but what are they looking to do when they do so?

Ankara has a population of 5.7 million. That should be more than enough to sustain a decent-sized park, but people just didn't show up for Ankapark. The bigger Istanbul parks don't get many visitors, especially considering its population of over 15 million. Land of Legends seems to be doing ok, but that's in Antalya, which is full of Western-European families on holiday.

It could be a money/cost issue - some of the smaller pay-per-ride places seem pretty busy - but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that there isn't much of a demand for that kind of "proper" amusement park in Turkey. Given that Saudi Arabia is such an unknown quantity, it's not unreasonable to make the Ankapark comparison.

dixhuit

Roller Poster
185 meter drop from the cliff

B0E6892B-DACA-48A7-A28D-AAB9ADF3CD0E.png
AA5F1AD0-D8DC-4C5D-B8F3-DC43031BF428.png
CEBB7253-9E58-4B14-8EA8-C54A0676614C.png

"A large document dating from January 2023 gives us plenty of information on the different areas of the park and their attractions:
- City of thrills
Falcon's Flight: +4km long, 185m high from the Qiddiya cliff, followed by a 162m camelback
Adrena-Line Express: SFC custom Vekoma, 20 passengers per train Sirocco Tower: 145m high drop tower, 32 passengers
Wind Rider: 24 passengers who can control the ascents/descents of a rotating attraction (new Magic Bike XL Zamperla?)
- Great exhibition
Colossus: hybrid coaster (steel/wood) 800m long, with 30 airtimes (should beat the Bombay Express record), 20 passengers per train
Gyrospin: pendular ride 52.5m high, 120km/h, 40 passengers (Giga Discovery Zamperla?)
Flyer Expo: flying chairs Arabic carousel Automania: bumper cars Valley of Fortune Spitfire: triple launch coaster (highest in the world), 12 passengers per train
SkyWatch: Flying Island Intamin, 45m high, 100 passengers
Aeromax: family rotating attraction themed on planes, 32 passengers
Treasure Trail: walk on caterpillars? themed on cars in search of treasure
- Twilight Gardens
Twilight Express Coaster: Junior Coaster 207m Vekoma (clone of Déval'Train in particular)
Critter Chase: interactive dark ride where you can catch insects
Sally Al Buhayra: Splash Battle Mack Kaleidoscope balloon: hot air balloon flight (Zamperla?), 32 passengers
- Steam City:
Iron Rattler Mine Train: Tilt Coaster Vekoma, 60m high, 20 passengers per train
Steam Town Falls: Water Coaster Mack (Poseidon clone)
Steel Stampede: rotating and interactive attraction for children
Treehouse Trek: climbing structure
- Discovery of springs
Sea Stallion: Spike custom Maurer, 650m long, 9 "trains" of 2 places
Into the Deep: interactive dark ride themed on the seabed
Diving: Big Wave Zamperla, 20 passengers Zooma Flooma: slide ride, 15m high"

Credit a french forum :

Link https://qiddiya.com/media/1912/rep_ea_six_flags_vol_4_appendices-_v4_jan2023.pdf

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
A more comprehensive set of renderings have emerged through ThemeParx with more recognizable and grounded features (i.e. Falcon’s Flight camelback support structure, Vekoma SFC turnaround, consistent colour schemes, etc)
E18F45F7-3B7E-41C5-9446-B59A3C595B20.jpeg
59BD0E5A-4933-4E3A-B693-A25C27D31F87.jpeg
F1E509CE-1D93-4F11-BF95-A1D992D75130.jpeg
026C8F4E-7B07-4F11-B709-D2D0AD25E90D.jpeg
B2DB7ABD-AF76-4AF9-812B-D3C9846FB763.jpeg
F83F6C67-FC5E-4233-86D3-7AF9CAB989FC.jpeg
29A6E34A-0C9E-4A91-A211-530614EAF542.jpeg
Not convinced that they’re building a Zierer Tivoli in Twilight Gardens or that the tilt coaster will have Mack track, but these are more on par with the plans that we’ve been seeing as opposed to the 2019 artwork pieces.

On the waterpark side of things there’s also been a couple new CAD models dropped, which are always cool to look at;
ACFB5629-4084-43CC-A6FD-9C011553456D.png
98784821-8DDA-42E1-8661-9C4018422F40.jpeg
Source

Christian

Hyper Poster

This is a project of absolute national importance. This park will stay open as long as their regime stays in power. It's a lot more serious than Ankapark ever was. With that said, I doubt it will ever turn a profit and certainly never break even on it's massive construction cost but it's part of something way bigger than itself. It is a part in a dictator's grand plan to change his country.

Ankapark was a weirdly planned and underfunded effort to provide locals with overpriced mediocre entertainment. Essentially doomed from the start.

StampidaRMC

Roller Poster
Can't wait to see all the differences between the final Flacons Flight and the concept that was released a couple of years ago.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Looks like the initial lift hill is much more conservative now, it looks quite a bit shorter to how it looked in the initial rendering. Still though, lots of lovely airtime hills. I wonder what’s going on in this bit of the layout:
D8264423-B3A6-441E-87C4-67264B9E81D7.jpeg

Do we think it’ll be a LSM lift similar to Maverick to take the trains to the top of the cliff? They haven’t been showing that part of the layout off in these renderings.

Rzx

Roller Poster
Looks like the initial lift hill is much more conservative now, it looks quite a bit shorter to how it looked in the initial rendering. Still though, lots of lovely airtime hills. I wonder what’s going on in this bit of the layout:
View attachment 23959

Do we think it’ll be a LSM lift similar to Maverick to take the trains to the top of the cliff? They haven’t been showing that part of the layout off in these renderings.
I think the initial lift hill will be around 200 feet, because in the renderings it looks like the same height as the triple launch coaster, and they will use lsm's to get to the top of the Cliff and the drop off the cliff.