What's new

SAW: The Ride - Download on page 20

Ollie

CF Legend
EDIT: Before this ride is completed I'd like to make sure you're all aware that this ride although based on the real ride will not be 100% accurate. This is due to it being extremely hard and nearly impossible to get everything perfect to the real thing. I have spent alot of hard time and effort on this ride and the last thing I want when it's released is "The airtime hill is 1 foot too short" or "the G's on that section aren't the same as the real one". It's just picky and big headedness by people who try to find fault in everything.
That said though I'm not purposely trying to make it inaccurate. In fact I've been spending the last few months trying to get it as close to the real ride as I can. It was more a test for me to make 3D's over anything else and I wanted a challenge and this is exactly what I've got.
Anyway I hope you thoroughly enjoy the ride once it's released and appreciate all the hard work and effort that has gone into making this.

Should be easy enough to see what my next project is.

You've seen the old one where we made our own version, this version is going to be a full rec of the ride.
I've not started on trackwork yet and am just working on themeing as I'm trying to find someone to work with to make this track together.
It will have to be someone who's been on the ride.

Anyway. Some screens of the area so far.

I started with the main sign for the ride:
Saw2.png

I then moved out to start on the Saw Store:
Saw1-1.png

And now I'm working on the entrance:
Saw3.png

Any comments on what you think so far?

Slash

Giga Poster
Ahhh, you fanboy, looks very nice. I hope the track is as good as the 3Ds and the 3Ds are accurate.

They look very accurate at least, good job!

Xpress

Strata Poster
Saw waS looking pretty good, untill all the fanboys decided to go hype about it :roll:

Anyhoo, you're gunna need a lot of hors of work, from observing your previous NL work. You gotta make it perfect otherwise you're gunna get a bad track with good 3Ds, which don't cancel each other out on a recreation (or ever..). Good luck though.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah, I'm going to spend as much time on the track work as I can to make it up to the standards of the 3D's.

Ollie

CF Legend
Well if I don't then there will be no ride if I don't know what happens inside the ride. :p

Slash

Giga Poster
There are already POVs up on youtube, but Im guessing you dont wanna watch them to ruin it.

Ollie

CF Legend
Nah I want to keep it a surprise for myself. You'd think having visited the park twice in the past three days I would of been on it at least once by now. :roll:

Anyway I've been doing some more work on the scenery. If anyone can find really good quality photos of the entrance and fastrack entrance signs then it would be helpful as the ones I've got at the moment are pap.

Saw4.png

Tom

Hyper Poster
I thing I remember about the gate is that the right one was open and the left one had a faded yellow sign on it saying trespassers will be shot otr something like that.

Don't ask me how I know...

tks

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Nah I want to keep it a surprise for myself. You'd think having visited the park twice in the past three days I would of been on it at least once by now. :roll:

You're forgetting the name of the park in question :p

Xpress

Strata Poster
Tom said:
I thing I remember about the gate is that the right one was open and the left one had a faded yellow sign on it saying trespassers will be shot otr something like that.

Don't ask me how I know...

How do you know? :p

Ollie

CF Legend
C'mon guys. Less chatter about off-topic things and more about what I'm doing would be helpful.

If you spot anything that you think could be improved or you just like it all, let me know. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Been trying to work on the cartextures.
Seeing as NoLimits doesn't have the cars that Saw have I've been trying my best to work around what it lets you do.
If anyone else can do the car-textures for me then it would be a great help as I'm not very good at them.

Saw5.png

Saw6.png

Saw7.png

Lain

Giga Poster
Those look fine, but I would say that the other Eurofighter car is probably more likely to yield favourable results.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Very impressive so far Ollie.

I would think you need to refer back to construction images of inside the station to get the track heights and directions perfect. It gets disorientating inside and i doubt anyone could work out what the track is doing by riding it, let alone POV.

First image on Saw's RCDB page is pretty good at revealing the indoor track layout.

Ollie

CF Legend
The problem I've been having with the car textures though is them not coming out very clearly.
By the way the track in this image isn't mine. I plan to start on the track-work soon though.
Saw8.png

Slash

Giga Poster
Why don't you just use the old car textures, they were very good.

Otherwise its just a case of sharpening the image isnt it?

Ollie

CF Legend
It's fine when I'm editing the car textures though. It's just as soon as they go in the sim they screw up.

You can see how clear I've got it here:
95drop2cartexture_01.png