What's new

Ride to Happiness Closed…?

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Sorry for the seriously crap thread but I’m on the way to Plopsaland and from what I can gather the headliner is closed. In which case I have no interest in going.

It’s a long slog there but I can potential make a diversion to Walabi Belgium in the next hour or so.

So fellow Coasterforcians (?) - is RTH actually, actually closed? Or is the website just being silly?

Thanks team.

Nito

Roller Poster
Sorry for the seriously crap thread but I’m on the way to Plopsaland and from what I can gather the headliner is closed. In which case I have no interest in going.

It’s a long slog there but I can potential make a diversion to Walabi Belgium in the next hour or so.

So fellow Coasterforcians (?) - is RTH actually, actually closed? Or is the website just being silly?

Thanks team.

The only thing I can say is that they were installing wheels at the highest point to prevent a train from stalling again.
If the information in an article on Looopings is correct, the ride was closed this week but should be open this weekend.

Who knows if the website is wrong, or it just took them longer than expected to install everything ...

Article Looopings

Ethan

Strata Poster

Thanks team.
I hope not! So I'm visiting on the 9th of June and it says in advance that Dragon will be closed. It says nothing about RtH being closed tomorrow, so perhaps it's because the park isn't open yet?

Edit- Other rides say open today :/

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
The only thing I can say is that they were installing wheels at the highest point to prevent a train from stalling again.
If the information in an article on Looopings is correct, the ride was closed this week but should be open this weekend.

Who knows if the website is wrong, or it just took them longer than expected to install everything ...

Article Looopings

Interesting info, thanks. Damn.

I hope not! So I'm visiting on the 9th of June and it says in advance that Dragon will be closed. It says nothing about RtH being closed tomorrow, so perhaps it's because the park isn't open yet?

It says closed whilst other rides show opening times, which is not a good sign. Edit: ah, I think you have now spotted this also.

For future purposes, how did you find the info re: Dragon being closed? I’m wondering whether this is one of those annoying ‘mobile website things’ because I can’t currently seem to find this.

Ethan

Strata Poster
For future purposes, how did you find the info re: Dragon being closed? I’m wondering whether this is one of those annoying ‘mobile website things’ because I can’t currently seem to find this.
I went on Practical Info > Opening Times > Selected the date, and it came up there listing any attractions that are closed. On today's date it says nothing about RtH being closed so if it is closed, it must be unexpectedly I assume.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I went on Practical Info > Opening Times > Selected the date, and it came up there listing any attractions that are closed. On today's date it says nothing about RtH being closed so if it is closed, it must be unexpectedly I assume.
Ah I can see that now - thanks. I thought it might have been on a different page. As you say, there is (and therefore I’m confident that also ‘was’) no info of RTH’s closure today… if it indeed is closed. Perhaps it just hasn’t been updated from the week, as you mention!

So I need to make 7 hour driving gamble… hooray!

Edit - we’re going for it and hoping that the website just hasn’t updated itself. May the coaster gods have mercy on us…

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ah I can see that now - thanks. I thought it might have been on a different page. As you say, there is (and therefore I’m confident that also ‘was’) no info of RTH’s closure today… if it indeed is closed. Perhaps it just hasn’t been updated from the week, as you mention!

So I need to make 7 hour driving gamble… hooray!

Edit - we’re going for it and hoping that the website just hasn’t updated itself. May the coaster gods have mercy on us…
I hope it’s open for you mate, best of luck. Let us know!

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Thanks for the well wishes!

Have arrived. RtH, Anubis and others closed… but it may be due to high winds. It is darn windy. Apparently it’s a maybe open later so 🤷‍♂️

Managed to drive passed Toutatis on the way, which looked tasty. The top hat bent over as we passed and whispered “trololololol” in my ear.

Edit - it’s testing…!

NALTOHQ

Roller Poster
… and for the final update… cred accomplished! 😎

Again, sorry to blight the forum with this thread 🙇‍♂️

May your day be merry and full of happiness (however obtained).
You gotta love a happy ending. :)
Don't sweat it. I don't think you bothered anyone by making this thread. Someone probably learned something out of this, and whoever or whatever that was, that's a win. Communities of people passionate about something gotta stick together when a problem shows up. There's always someone who can spread knowledge that all of us can benefit from, and in the end, we all go our separate ways better than we were before.

All that aside, glad you got that cred. Hope your day is a happy one as well.

-Nick