What's new

Parc Astérix | Toutatis | Intamin Launch Coaster | 2023

BenJacobs

Roller Poster
And watch the video to the very end when it's flying in to the station. You can see the point where the video goes back to normal speed for the last half a second.

Anyway, it still looks amazing.
It is sped up for the trip from the break run into the station, you can see both the start and end of the sped up section. Can’t see any other definite transitions elsewhere.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah, the moment it stops on the brakes and starts moving again is where it looks like they sped it up there. Otherwise, there's nowhere else earlier where I'm led to believe it's sped up, especially knowing the crawl out into the first launch looks about right.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The brake run in the video was definitely sped up more than anything else to keep pace with the music. No coaster brakes engage and disengage that quickly, never mind moving through it at more than a walking pace.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Honestly one of my favourite parts on Taron is the underground launch, with all the overhead beams zooming past you.. now this one has two such launches 😍👌🏻

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Looks awfully similar in terms of speed to the official Parc Asterix one! ;)
Great! Glad you feel that way. I gave my evidence for why I claimed (true) that it was sped up. Next!

Can't wait to ride this. That headchopper during the launch looks otherworldly. Also love the little statue guys under the final inversion! 😆

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Looks solid - my biggest regret is Toutatis was the first Intamin swing launch concept we saw announced, so it's sorry that we only see it open after numerous other Intamins have too opened. We probably would be jamming on this one more if it was, indeed, the first to open.

The POV shows plenty of promise - agreed there was some touchup. It's always hard to get a good read on the first POV, as launch speeds/ride pacing can shift as final parameters and speeds are dialed in. And it never helps when some park comms intern video editor thought they had permission to use creative license over showing us the ****ing ride.

Hutch

Strata Poster
We probably would be jamming on this one more if it was, indeed, the first to open.
That moment when Toutatis was never gonna be the first Intamin swing launch to begin with. 😛 Soaring with Dragon would like a word.

That said, seeing the layout reveal was around the time we started to see more of those launched bunny hill concepts that you now see on Copperhead and of course Pantheon. Think Pulsar might've been to first one to try it, but this was certainly the first time we'd see Intamin take a crack at that.

Seems like this ride will be worth that long 5 year wait. We all nutted when we saw that animation alongside Kondaa, and the hype is still here with lots of promising footage.

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow, that looks brilliant!

The layout looks fab, but I'm particularly surprised by the swing launch. There must be 2 or 3 airtime hills/undulations within that launch, and the ejector airtime looked absolutely insane when the ride hit full speed!

Between this, Pantheon and Ice Breaker, we've seen quite a rise in swing launch coasters that provide loads of ejector in their swing launches as of late... and I'm certainly not complaining about that!

Sandman

Giga Poster
Well, I hope my missus still loves Paris because she's going to be dragged there soon enough.

Love the whole #speedgate controversy too. Yep, a few of those videos are sped up a bit although the latter video is difficult to compare because of editing and split cam.

Still... this looks like it could be knocking on the door of some other beloved European Intamins. My mind is already dreaming of night rides.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
That moment when Toutatis was never gonna be the first Intamin swing launch to begin with. 😛 Soaring with Dragon would like a word.

That said, seeing the layout reveal was around the time we started to see more of those launched bunny hill concepts that you now see on Copperhead and of course Pantheon. Think Pulsar might've been to first one to try it, but this was certainly the first time we'd see Intamin take a crack at that.

Seems like this ride will be worth that long 5 year wait. We all nutted when we saw that animation alongside Kondaa, and the hype is still here with lots of promising footage.
See it's been so long my memory has even faded.

giphy.gif

Also, AmusementInsider has a POV corrected for speed stabalization: