What's new

OpenRCT2 -Error Incompatible Park Version

Jarret Stroud

Roller Poster
I keep getting this. Error: Incompatible Park version. This park was saved in a later version of OpenRCT2. This park was saved in v20 and requires at least V19. You are currently on V16. How can I fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NALTOHQ

Roller Poster
I keep getting this. Error: Incompatible Park version. This park was saved in a later version of OpenRCT2. This park was saved in v20 and requires at least V19. You are currently on V16. How can I fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When was the last time you downloaded Open? For your best bet, download the newest version. If that somehow doesn't work, and you're sure you're running the latest version of Open, my guess is that park may have been made in a dev branch version, but I don't know if that would be true. I don't want to spread false information, I want fellow players to enjoy the game as I do, and we all gotta stick together when one of us gets stuck.

I hope you get this sorted out, and hope I have somewhat been able to help.

-Nick

UPDATE: I tried my own advice with a park I couldn't open and sure enough, nothing. It actually seems like this is a known bug the OpenRCT2 team is working on fixing so my best advice if updating doesn't work is wait. They should sort it out eventually. If it means anything, I'll be waiting with you, the latest dev branch is only for 32 bit Windows. They seem to be focusing on all the other platforms, but I'm sure they're working on it.

Last edited: