What's new

No Limits Competition VIII- Spinning Challenge

Dave

CF Legend
No Limits Competition VIII- Spinning Challenge

spinning.jpg

Welcome to the No Limits competition number eight! This time we are looking at the Spinning Coaster by three manufacturers; Gerstlauer, Mack and Maurer Sohne.
The new Northern Quarter development in Portsmouth is looking to install a roller coaster in the main open area of the food court and has asked us to commission a design for it. They have given me a blueprint of the size of the building, height, width etc. They have also told me there are several support columns which can sustain additional weight, and also the location of ventilation shafts and lift towers.
They want a good fun family ride with good speed and some good thrills as well! Simplicity is a key factor to consider.

Rules
- No use of tools (like AHG etc. Circles are allowed as they are visual guides)
- Cannot post construction pictures in the topic
- No prefab supports, unless you’ve run out of time (points will be deducted)
- All supports, heartline, track, railings must stay within the box!
- No 3D’s, or Car Textures
- No NLpacking
- No Launches!
- The station CAN be moved anywhere inside the grid

##IMPORTANT##
Once you have finished the track you must EMAIL the track to me, not PM, not over msn, as then I can easily sort the files out when it comes to marking them.

Marking Scheme

Building Technique /10
Adrenaline /5
Originality /5
Realism /5

Bonus Points
Remember this can make or break where you end up in the rankings!

Option A- For Gerstlauer Spinner
Use all the support columns in some way and be able to run 5 cars without excessive stacking.

Option B- Maurer Sohne Spinner
Run 5 cars without excessive stacking, and also have a track length of over 3,000.

Option C- For Mack Spinner
Creating over 3,000ft of track and having 3 trains without excessive stacking.

Bonus points are 10 points.

This gives a combined score of 35 points! Which isn’t much so build good rides to fill those points up!

File
http://www.mediafire.com/?ixmximq5ywo

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I might give this one a shot. I'll emphasise might, exams and stuff at the moment.

When will the deadline be, or am I being a Steven and missing it?

Dave

CF Legend
Ive not set a deadline, as obviously I need to be free to mark it, but may give it a good long while so everyone can work on it when they've finished exams etc.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Fine, I was just asking roughly really, to give me chance to think about entering.

Thanks.

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
I think I'll tackle this one too - my first competition!

One question though, you say the station can be moved, but what about the length? Can that be altered?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm entering this as well. This will be an interesting competition, and is a great idea.

Do you care about laterals? That would be tough getting the red spikes out of every turn.

Xpress

Strata Poster
WTF, why not? :)

3 weeks, and this'll be in full blown progress. Currently, I'm working on something over at TPR tho..

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Try:

RobJackson85 said:
One question though, you say the station can be moved, but what about the length? Can that be altered?
Dave said:
Yes, otherwise your going to have a small station for the Mack Spinner.
Reading, such a great human talent.

Jer

Strata Poster
I might, ill start one no promises if I finish.

By the way can we just have a file with the tracks from the last comp?

Slash

Giga Poster
Hmmm, when you say for the Gerstlauer Spinner all support columns must be in use what do you mean?

And I may enter but I hate supporting....

RobJackson85

Roller Poster
Slash said:
Hmmm, when you say for the Gerstlauer Spinner all support columns must be in use what do you mean?

I'm guessing he means the 4 supports that are within the structure, If memory serves me well in the simulator there orange. I think you'd have to use each of these to support a part of the ride.

Error

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
^Try:

RobJackson85 said:
Dave said:
Yes, otherwise your going to have a small station for the Mack Spinner.
Reading, such a great human talent.

Can I help it? I'm from Michigan after all.