What's new

Nigloland | Mack BigDipper? | 2027?

Niles

Giga Poster
A TV report by French broadcaster TF1 have shown off Nigloland's expansion plans.

Financed over the next 4 years the park hope to add their 1st coaster with inversions of the park, with a budget of 15-16 million €.

With the images from the report and with this parks love for Mack, it looks like it will be a BigDipper or Stryker coaster to me. The trains seem to have 16 seats with 4 rows, in the video it seems to show the coaster will be launched.

Video report skip to 17:20.

While the clips are short it looks like a good coaster, this park is getting one of everything from the Mack catalogue 😅 this should be a great addition to their pretty sweet collection.

1.PNG1.PNG
1.jpg1.PNG

Saw news on Coasterfriends: Source

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I love when there's public knowledge about when a park is going to add their next big thing - makes planning trips so much easier. Why worry about going to Nigoland before this opens? :p

A BigDipper (or Stryker, as they're referring to Voltron?) type ride seems like a great fit for the park too.

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow, this looks like an amazing addition to this park! Inversions will be a great way to add variation to their selection, and I’d imagine that this will likely usurp Alpina Blitz as the park’s biggest coaster.

It looks like a huge ride for a park of Nigloland’s calibre, particularly seeing as it could be a Stryker Coaster coming only a few years after the premiere installation opens at Europa Park!

On a side note, Nigloland must be one of the parks with the highest proportion of Mack rides aside from Europa Park. With this coaster and numerous other Mack rides within the current selection, they’re almost morphing into a miniature Europa Park!

richardcrete

Mega Poster
What little of the layout I could piece together:
View attachment 25056

Farewell, river cruise ride.
As a regular guest, here are the elements shown in the animation for which I'm 90% sure of their location :

1685470229191.png

Red: Station
Light blue: Launch + bunny hop
Blue: Elements of the layout : top hat, banana roll followed-up by an double inversion, an airtime, and (maybe) the zero-g-roll which we can also on the left of the launch's animation.
Green : brakes + back to station
Yellow: unknown (we can also see a element in the background of the top hat), should be located between the lake and the train ride

Edit:
The cruise ride will stay. COO of the park said in the report that an 15m inversion will be located above the lake and the boat. I think that it is the banana roll given where the sequence was shot:

1685471312550.pngKing of Mississippi à Nigloland (Onride) Raddampferfahrt Nigloland King of Mississippi Onride ...jpg

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
The park president was interviewed late last year and spilt a lot of details regarding the park's future:
  • The Mack coaster is aiming for a 2026 opening. It will have two sixteen-seater trains, two launches, a height of 43 meters, an 800pph ride capacity, and a ride length of around a minute.
  • Another major new attraction is confirmed to be in the works for 2030. No details on what it'll entail.
  • A second resort hotel is planned for 2025, made up of twenty wooden cabins situated along the river.
  • A third accommodation is planned for after 2026. The parking lot is also going to be expanded to allow space for up to 100 motorhomes.
  • Existing attractions like the park's haunted house, log flume, and "Tren de la Mine" powered coaster will be "revisited" by 2030. No idea if that means refurbishment or replacement.
  • The park aims to grow its annual attendance to over a million guests a year with these new additions. The park reached 700,000 visitors in 2023.

Last edited: