What's new

New rides @ small parks

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Huss Top Spin spotted at Adventureland New York! Believed to be a relocation from the German fair circuit, but not sure which.
View attachment 30192
Top Spin from Swiss showman Buser, was just sold off after 30 years on the fair circuit. Photo belongs to my team.

If I had a nickel for every time a Huss top spin randomly showed up at a US park in 2024, I’d have two nickels. Which isn’t much really, but I think we all prefer being a dime richer. Wishing the park the best with this one.

Matt N

CF Legend
Apparently Brean Theme Park has announced a new roller coaster for the 2024 season as part of an "expansion", named Runaway Train: https://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/...e-park-announces-expansion-new-rollercoaster/

There's very little info available about it, as it has not been added to RCDB yet and the park are yet to update their website. However, here's what the Weston Mercury had to say about it:
Weston Mercury said:
BREAN Theme Park re-opened on Saturday, March 16 with a new ride as part of its recent expansion.

The local attraction has now reclaimed its title of the United Kingdom's largest free admission theme park.
As part of the expansion, a new rollercoaster named The Runaway Train has been unveiled at the park for the 2024 season.
The 'family fun' coaster will take riders on a 'wild journey' made up of twists, turns, and unexpected surprises, and promises an unforgettable experience for all thrill seekers.

"We are incredibly excited to introduce The Runaway Train as part of our 2024 season," said Phil Booth, Owner of Brean Theme Park.
"This thrilling new ride will add another dimension of excitement to our park, further enhancing the experience for our guests and solidifying our position as a premier destination for family entertainment."
A spokesperson added: "Brean Theme Park's commitment to accessibility and affordability remains unwavering, with free admission ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the park's offerings without breaking the bank.
"Guests will have the option to purchase individual ride tickets or opt for unlimited ride wristbands for a full day of fun."
Exciting! Are we expecting one of the usual lower-tier UK park coaster types, or can I dare to dream that they might be getting something a little more unique and substantial? I'd certainly love for it to be the latter given that it's my closest theme park and I only live an hour away by car, but given Brean's previous track record, I'm not sure I should get my hopes up... although I guess they could quite easily do a Florida Fun Spot and unleash something unexpectedly brilliant!

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I have guess on the coaster, last year Adventure Wonderland closed most of their rides and simplified their offering due to costs.

This included their coaster Wild Bills Runaway Train, loose the wild bill, not to far of a drive for delivery so mabey this 🤔
This would make sense. It has a pre-built train that would suit the name Brean has given, and it would technically fit the bill of being a “family fun” coaster for “all thrillseekers” (although I’d argue that the description given in the news article would be overselling it somewhat, as the scale of that ride above suggests it’s more of a kiddie coaster). It would also definitely be in Brean’s price range, and it would be very par-for-the-course with the other rides in that park.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Some more Adventureland Long Island news: They are getting the first R.E.S. Wave Twister in 2025. Basically a Disko with a turn in the track and an extra axis of rotation.

The name of the Top Spin opening this year is 'Moon Chaser'.

Matt N

CF Legend
That looks interesting! However, the key question is; is it a cred?

If it’s pretty much exactly the same as a Zamperla Disk’O, I’d be inclined to say no, but does the lateral turn change things? I’m not too sure.

vaugc002

Hyper Poster
Apparently Brean Theme Park has announced a new roller coaster for the 2024 season as part of an "expansion", named Runaway Train: https://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/...e-park-announces-expansion-new-rollercoaster/

There's very little info available about it, as it has not been added to RCDB yet and the park are yet to update their website. However, here's what the Weston Mercury had to say about it:

Exciting! Are we expecting one of the usual lower-tier UK park coaster types, or can I dare to dream that they might be getting something a little more unique and substantial? I'd certainly love for it to be the latter given that it's my closest theme park and I only live an hour away by car, but given Brean's previous track record, I'm not sure I should get my hopes up... although I guess they could quite easily do a Florida Fun Spot and unleash something unexpectedly brilliant!
I had a quick check of Brean's website and it seems the new coaster is this... lmao at them describing it as for thrill seekers

1711392799681.png

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Something completely different. Ethiopia is getting it's first ever looping coaster. A Zhipao built looping coaster will open later this year at the new GAST Conference & Wellness City Resort in Mekele.

Not a bad step up for a country that currently only had a single powered dragon as a permenant coaster.

Eth1.jpgEth2.jpgEth3.jpgEth4.jpg

cookie

Giga Poster
Mer De Sable in France has announced they'll be getting a new rollercoaster in 2025, said to pull forces between 0.25 and 3gs.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Santa's Village is getting a new second-hand dark ride called 'North Pole Expedition'. Sounds normal, right? Wrong. This ride is second-hand which last operated at Dinosaur Beach in New Jersey and has sat in storage ever since the park closed over 24 years ago. Interesting to see a ride revived after such a long time!