What's new

PortAventura | Uncharted | Intamin Multi-Dimension Coaster | 2023

Guilux57

Roller Poster
OK so this might be a dark ride. Why is that a bad thing. If it is PA pretty much told you its a dark ride.

Looking through the previous posts earlier in the thread.

Nothing says theres a new coaster for 2023. Just that they are looking into it for 23 or 24. If you are expecting it 2023 then why?

Combine that with this.

Well this pretty much confirms they were looking at a dark ride as well as a coaster for 2023. Why are prople genuinely annoyed this might not be a coaster? its not like they didnt tell you outright this might be a dark ride.
If you were expecting a coaster for 2023 and you're dissapointed it might be a dark ride? sounds to me like it might be your fault?

If its a dark ride then it sounds to me like the coaster will be a 2024 thing.

Please point out any evidence against this supposition. Had a quick flick through the thread and couldn't see anything. Seems like its the classic Enthusiast thing of assuming its a coaster because the word coaster was mentioned a while ago.
really good analysis! this confirms what I think. no foundations built to accommodate the poles of a rollercoaster, so as you say it's quite possible it's only a dark ride this year and maybe a new coaster next year.

Freak Planet

Roller Poster
FXp30Q-UYAAXkEY

FXp300MUIAAjeCG

Guilux57

Roller Poster
there is no longer any doubt, it is not a rollercoaster. So the statements made by the "adrenaline" director don't hold water, it's a shame. it will probably be necessary to wait until 2032 to have a new sensational roller coaster

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
there is no longer any doubt, it is not a rollercoaster. So the statements made by the "adrenaline" director don't hold water, it's a shame. it will probably be necessary to wait until 2032 to have a new sensational roller coaster
I'd say you're about 8 years off in that prediction.

Matt N

CF Legend
Or the park could have scrapped the coaster in favour of a new dark ride? They did say “either coaster or dark ride” not long ago, from memory.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
they will not build 2 novelties in a row.
And here comes EPCOT building the Rat ride in the French Pavilion and then Cosmic Rewind the year after! Granted both were delayed but even before that they were planned to open in a two year row (Rat 2020, then Rewind 2021).

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
What do you think the fence could be for ? Maybe La Liga ride ? Maybe just Gold River parking expansion ?
I think it's just a storage area for material for that new Far West ride construction. Or maybe they will extend that new ride into this area.
All other options you suggest, would be a huge mistake from the park.

A future La Liga ride would be better located close to that new La Liga restaurant. And when Gold River hotel needs a parking expansion, It would be a much better option to do this with the parking the hotel already uses.
This parking lot is the only possible location to expand the Far West area.

andrus

Giga Poster
I wish any future coaster at PA was half as good as this one. This guy has envisioned attractions for the park that put to shame the creative team at PA.
I think this would be a really good fit for the park seeing as Port Aventura imo are lacking a bit in the family thrill department. Diablo is plain boring and Stampida is coming of age. A new and exciting family thrill coaster like "Immelman Footers" is proposing would be perfect!