What's new

Most noteworthy park and coaster you haven’t done in your home country/state

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Bruh isnt basically anywhere in the Netherlands a daytrip or at most a single overnight?
Haha yes absolutely, I could basically to them al in one weekend. It's more a matter of not scheduling my trips last couple of years and having a lot of things to be busy with

Christian

Hyper Poster
Sweden

Coaster is probably Tiger Ride. It's a SBF Visa Cyclone Coaster. Looks fun and always wanted to try one of these. But it's at some weird park on an Island where I have never been.

Park is Tosselilla. Since Folkets Park in Malmö removed their coasters it's actually the closest park to my childhood home of Malmö (about 1 hour drive). If you don't count the Danish parks. They have a wacky worm and a tiny Fabri wild mouse but for some reason I have never been there. If I ever find myself in the area I might go but honestly I don't really find myself willing to drive 2 hour and pay almost 40 euros for 2 kiddie coasters which I have already ridden elsewhere.

Edward M

Strata Poster
As a New York resident, the most noteworthy park in the state I've yet to visit would be Darien Lake, along with Ride of Steel being the biggest gap. However, I think a much more noteworthy park I haven't done out of state but equally far away is more Kennywood, with Phantom's Revenge being a very notable coaster I've yet to ride. Both the park and the coaster are right at the top of my to do list not just in the country but in the world. Hopefully 2022 is the year I finally get over there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As a New York resident, the most noteworthy park in the state I've yet to visit would be Darien Lake, along with Ride of Steel being the biggest gap. However, I think a much more noteworthy park I haven't done out of state but equally far away is more Kennywood, with Phantom's Revenge being a very notable coaster I've yet to ride. Both the park and the coaster are right at the top of my to do list not just in the country but in the world. Hopefully 2022 is the year I finally get over there.
How have you never been to Kennywood?! :D

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
There are still a few moderately sized family parks I've yet to visit, but I'm not one for visiting dumps with a big apple / sbf spinner and nothing else of note.
  1. Camel creek
  2. Crealy devon
  3. Barry island (will probably visit there along with zip world's tower coaster, and maybe coney beach)
  4. Funland weston super mare (did visit the tropicana about 40 years ago, missed out on dismaland)
  5. The spitey Gullivers parks (except warrington which I visited on an ecc trip)
  6. spitey wheelgate
  7. spitey twinlakes
  8. zip world tower (wiegand goodness)
  9. colin glen (brandauer alpine coaster)
  10. Loudon castle

lydian

Roller Poster
Most noteworthy park: probably Beto Carrero World, apparently I went there as a very young kid, I believe not old enough to ride anything though, so I'm not counting. Their coaster collection doesn't seem too interesting, the standout attraction is an SLC, but it's definitely the biggest park in the country I haven't been to.

Most noteworthy coaster: Monte Makaya, it operated until 2010 and was in the neighboring state from mine, so definitely not very far away, but yeah, didn't get the chance to ride it... It seems like a really fun coaster, especially the heartline roll galore ending! But there's hope still when? if? it reopens at the new Mirabilandia location! If it has to be currently operational, um... I guess it'd be Beto Carrero's SLC, Firewhip? Which is um, yeah... An SLC... A relocated SLC... Well, at least it has cool fire-patterned supports which genuinely look kinda awesome!

Last edited:

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
But there's hope still when? if? it reopens at the new Mirabilandia location!
Dude I'm pretty sure the Mirabilandia relocation got cancelled and Monte Makaya (plus Georgia's Deja Vu) won't ever be operating again. There's just been absolutely no news on it recently.

lydian

Roller Poster
Dude I'm pretty sure the Mirabilandia relocation got cancelled and Monte Makaya (plus Georgia's Deja Vu) won't ever be operating again. There's just been absolutely no news on it recently.
The latest news I have (source, in portuguese) is that it's still ongoing, just that the project has been slowed down due to the pandemic (apparently Mirabilandia is not planning to take any loans and is just investing the money they get from their current location into this new project, so things have slowed down even further) and also environmental permits and what not... It's still planned to open in the future, I believe (I think no earlier than 2025 or 2026, but that's just speculation by me based on the info I have). But yeah it's not unlikely it never opens, we'll see, I just don't have any info that it got outright cancelled, though if you have any I'd be very interested ^^

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Coaster: probably Kumali (was down) and then Antelope (must bring a child park). Everything else is pretty minor.

Park: Probably a Gullivers Park

Fi

Mega Poster
Flamingolsnd is the only major U.K. Park I’ve still to get to, was planning to go in 2019 but held off waiting for the new cred, as it doesn’t sound like a park worthy of repeat visits.

Coaster specifically, maybe Hero as it’s been years since I last rode a violate so just to see if they are really as bad as I remember.

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump the thread, but I was randomly browsing and thought I could update this thread…

I’ve now visited Flamingo Land and ridden Sik, so those two are no longer my most significant unvisited UK park and unridden UK coaster respectively. Those titles now probably go to Fantasy Island and Odyssey.

I realise that I may have now hit a bit of a ceiling in terms of UK park visiting, though. All of the semi-major UK theme parks I haven’t visited are now absolutely miles away with only 1 or 2 major coasters each, and part of me would struggle to justify the journey.

The semi-major UK parks I can think of that I haven’t visited are:
  • Fantasy Island (Odyssey/Millennium)
  • Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach (Roller Coaster)
  • Pleasurewood Hills (Wipeout)
  • Adventure Island (Rage)
  • Dreamland Margate (Scenic Railway)
Lightwater Valley would have been on that list a few years ago when The Ultimate still operated, along with the likes of Raptor Attack, and had we done our Flamingo Land trip a few years earlier, I may have suggested a trip to LWV while in the area, but I’d argue that the removal of The Ultimate has pushed Lightwater Valley more into the “minor UK parks” bracket.

All of these semi-major UK parks are easily a minimum of 4 hours away from me (in the Forest of Dean, around 6 miles from the South Wales border) by car and even further by public transport, with return train costs of over £100, and part of me struggles to justify the journey for the amount of major draws on offer… am I being overly snobbish or lazy?

There are a large number of more minor UK parks I haven’t visited (the only minor UK parks I’ve visited are West Midlands Safari Park and South Pier Blackpool), including some that are relatively close to me… my closest theme park is Funland at the Tropicana in Weston-super-Mare, which is 30 miles away in straight line distance and around an hour’s drive from me. Brean Theme Park in Brean Sands is 34 miles away in straight line distance and just over an hour’s drive away from me, and Barry Island Pleasure Park on Barry Island is 37 miles away in straight line distance and just over an hour’s drive away from me. Coney Beach Pleasure Park in Porthcawl also isn’t much further.

The thing is, though, that given I’m a bit more self-conscious than some when it comes to riding kiddie coasters, meaning that I don’t generally ride kiddie coasters, there’s very little I would get out of going to some of these places. Funland at the Tropicana is basically a revolving door of travelling kiddie coasters, Coney Beach Pleasure Park only seems to have kiddie coasters, and Barry Island Pleasure Park only has a Pinfari Zyklon in terms of non-kiddie coasters. I am mildly tempted by Brean once their Pinfari looper reopens, though, as they’ll have a non-kiddie +3 on offer including that coaster, including some pretty interesting rides in the form of a former Blackpool Pleasure Beach resident and a former Flamingo Land resident! Regardless, I feel like I’d be stupid not to try and tick off a non-kiddie +3 that’s just over an hour from me at some stage… I’ve just got to hope that Brean opens that Pinfari looper soon!

cookie

Giga Poster
Haven't been to Gröna Lund since 2016 and thus haven't ridden Monster yet. Didn't visit last year due to the frankly ridiculous time slot system so I'm hoping it'll be dropped this year.

The last major-ish park left in Sweden I haven't been to and feel somewhat compelled to visit would be Skara Sommarland, if only because Tranan is a one-of-a-kind. Other than that, I'm content with the big three.
Was hoping to get to Grönan this year but then the Jetline tragedy happened and now I’m not too keen on going there until I at least know what’s going to happen to it. If we know by 2024 I hope to do another Gröna/Kolmården double bill though since I didn’t get the Zerier there last time.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
- Rockin Roller (Bottons Pleasure Beach)
- Magic Mouse (Brean Theme Park)
- Airbender (Camel Creek Adventure Park)

...I think that's it for thrill coasters in England.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
As far as Florida goes I've been on every operating coaster but the Dragon Wagon at Cobra Adventure Park (that doesn't let adults ride, but I've seen it....) and the Wacky Worm at Uncle Bernie's Theme Park that opened at the end of last year haha, neither being actually noteworthy.

Well, i did go get the Bernie Worm since this post.....and the Cobra no-adults coaster has been removed....so until EU opens, I've now ridden all 55 operating coasters in Florida 🤷‍♂️ https://rcdb.com/r.htm?st=93&ot=2&ol=3180