What's new

Megafobia Retracked.

Marsden10002

Roller Poster
I visited today,

Megafobia is still closed as we're all aware from their socials. I was told it has to complete X amount of cycles (which it probably has done by now?) and it has to be signed off (by ADIPS?). I was told it was imminent.

Pirate ship closed and having a new control system. Apparently it's close to being opened.

Drenched is having a new restraint system and the boat has gone out on a lorry somewhere. Back for the summer.

Spooky 3D is currently closed undergoing some sort of renovation. All the fascias/house trim that made it looked like a haunted house ride have been removed and now it's just a flat plain wooden wall out front.

Speed is currently in the process of being repainted, quite a few of the supports have been painted black but no new paint on the track yet.

Construction boards surround the former crazy golf for future development.

Bounce should have been opened but it was closed. There was a crane there and it needed a part fitted.

Treetops was open. Rode it, no changes or anything to comment on after last year's accident. Can't find anything online about the outcome from HSE.

The park was dead, maybe about 10-15 cars in the car park. The rides that were open were of course walk on. Great if you want to whore speed or snake river falls on a Monday 😂.

Seems like there's a lot of investment going on and hopefully they can get everything open soon to have a good rest of the summer season.
Odd that bounce is broken again. It took them 4 years to fix it last time.

Speed was awful last time its the only ride I've never re ridden. Hopefully drench has better restraints where us taller guests can ride.Im slightly chunky at 6ft 2 and the only way I could of ridden was to snap my back

GwaziBrads

Roller Poster
Odd that bounce is broken again. It took them 4 years to fix it last time.

Speed was awful last time its the only ride I've never re ridden. Hopefully drench has better restraints where us taller guests can ride.Im slightly chunky at 6ft 2 and the only way I could of ridden was to snap my back
Those drenched restraints were awful

Abdul-Aziz

Roller Poster
Probably They are taking they're time and making sure that everything is ready for the summer holidays, which I can understand as that will be their busiest period. I really can't wait to get back onto Megafobia and see how much the ride experience has improved.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Oakwood said they hoped for a May opening.

Having planned a trip for start of July, I'm a bit annoyed that it's now mid-June yet it's still closed with no opening date, despite the ride seemingly being ready to go.

Reactions: JMW

nemesis_guy

Roller Poster
It appears Megafobia will finally open for annual passholders tomorrow evening according to their Facebook post:

🔎 Attention ANNUAL PASS Holders! 🌟🚀

Oakwood have an EXCLUSIVE Annual Pass Holder Secret Mission tomorrow night (Friday 14th July) at 6:30pm! 🕵️‍♀️🔐

Get ready to embark on a mega adventure like nothing before, and unlock the secret of Oakwood Theme Park! 🎢

Are you up for the mission? 🤔 But remember, this mission is not for the faint hearted – minimum height restriction of 1.2 metres apply! 💥

To attend the Secret Mission, email; guestservices@oakwoodthemepark.co.uk with your Name(s) and Annual Pass Membership Number(s) by 4pm tomorrow!

Complete this mission and you'll earn mega bragging rights!

#OakwoodThemePark #SecretMission #AdventureAwaits #ThrillSeekersUnite #UncoverTheSecrets #ChallengeAccepted

Peet

Giga Poster
About time!

I have been trying to cope with the typo in this topic title, especially as I hate the "correct" spelling of Megafobia, but it's really grating on me now, can somebody pleeease correct it now, just for me? 😂

Matt N

CF Legend
Saw this - squealing a bit around the corners but looking good :)

That looks excellent! Is it me, or does the ride look to maintain its speed a bit better than it did before?

As well as the on-and-off roughness and inconsistent ride experience dependent on seat, one of my key issues with Megafobia before is that it had numerous dead spots and petered out a bit towards the end of the ride, but that POV makes it look as though the ride holds its pace right to the end much better than it did before. Is it only me who sees that?

bladeboy

Roller Poster
Managed to get round to Oakwood today. Megafobia is running beautifully. The retracking is absolutely fantastic - the airtime round the track is next level especially in the front row. Managed six rides and they were all fantastic. The turn at the top of lift hill hasn’t been retracked and is a reminder of how bad the ride was before retracking. My only small gripes are that the ride still runs out of steam at the end and that the mixture of the two woods looks cheap - painting the whole structure would’ve been more aesthetically pleasing. Also it was a very quiet day but had it been busy then the ride would’ve struggled with one train and one poor ride op.

nemesis_guy

Roller Poster
Managed to get round to Oakwood today. Megafobia is running beautifully. The retracking is absolutely fantastic - the airtime round the track is next level especially in the front row. Managed six rides and they were all fantastic. The turn at the top of lift hill hasn’t been retracked and is a reminder of how bad the ride was before retracking. My only small gripes are that the ride still runs out of steam at the end and that the mixture of the two woods looks cheap - painting the whole structure would’ve been more aesthetically pleasing. Also it was a very quiet day but had it been busy then the ride would’ve struggled with one train and one poor ride op.
Glad you enjoyed. I pretty much echo what you've said. I was there today and got 9 rides in. I can't believe the contrast compared to last year... it was previously a 1 and done for me. And I definitely wouldn't go near the back before the re-track work.

Based on today it's absolutely superb now. Personally I now prefer the back row, the back row ejector on the drop coming towards the on ride photo is insane, even as a chunky guy I was out of my seat pretty much standing up from that air time.

I hope they have funds to re-track the rest next winter but even if they don't it's easily re-rideable and fun at the moment.

Well done to Oakwood. I hope they can continue with improvements to the rest of the park.

Drenched is still closed awaiting a new restraint system (allegedly opening 'this summer'), I'm not sure how far away it is to being completed but given that it's nearly August I'm skeptical that it will re-open this year.... plus I'm sure I read somewhere it takes a while, possibly weeks to fill the splash area with water so they haven't got long left of summer.

Pirate Ship recently re-opened after a control system upgrade... But I feel like it doesn't swing as high anymore urgh...

I did one ride on Speed today, front row right seat... Gerstache pretty much straight away. Not impressed with Speed today, glad mega is back open.

bladeboy

Roller Poster
Glad you enjoyed. I pretty much echo what you've said. I was there today and got 9 rides in. I can't believe the contrast compared to last year... it was previously a 1 and done for me. And I definitely wouldn't go near the back before the re-track work.

Based on today it's absolutely superb now. Personally I now prefer the back row, the back row ejector on the drop coming towards the on ride photo is insane, even as a chunky guy I was out of my seat pretty much standing up from that air time.

I hope they have funds to re-track the rest next winter but even if they don't it's easily re-rideable and fun at the moment.

Well done to Oakwood. I hope they can continue with improvements to the rest of the park.

Drenched is still closed awaiting a new restraint system (allegedly opening 'this summer'), I'm not sure how far away it is to being completed but given that it's nearly August I'm skeptical that it will re-open this year.... plus I'm sure I read somewhere it takes a while, possibly weeks to fill the splash area with water so they haven't got long left of summer.

Pirate Ship recently re-opened after a control system upgrade... But I feel like it doesn't swing as high anymore urgh...

I did one ride on Speed today, front row right seat... Gerstache pretty much straight away. Not impressed with Speed today, glad mega is back open.
Yes the airtime in the back is insane on the first drop but I thought it was more consistent throughout the layout in the front.

How busy was it today? It was VERY quiet yesterday - I left the park 20 minutes before close and there were 11 cars left in the car park.

Agree with Speed - it rode slightly better in the back but it was brutal.

Yes I think Drenched may well be left until next season. Staff didn’t seem to know anything.

nemesis_guy

Roller Poster
Yes the airtime in the back is insane on the first drop but I thought it was more consistent throughout the layout in the front.

How busy was it today? It was VERY quiet yesterday - I left the park 20 minutes before close and there were 11 cars left in the car park.

Agree with Speed - it rode slightly better in the back but it was brutal.

Yes I think Drenched may well be left until next season. Staff didn’t seem to know anything.
There were about 60 cars in the car park when I arrived at 1pm. Only stayed a couple of hours.

It was very quiet, everything was walk on. For a lot of my rides on Megafobia I just stayed on the train and went around again.

The longest I queued for a ride was about 5 mins waiting for bounce to get the minimum 14 riders before dispatch.

bladeboy

Roller Poster
There were about 60 cars in the car park when I arrived at 1pm. Only stayed a couple of hours.

It was very quiet, everything was walk on. For a lot of my rides on Megafobia I just stayed on the train and went around again.

The longest I queued for a ride was about 5 mins waiting for bounce to get the minimum 14 riders before dispatch.
I did the same. I arrived at 1pm and stated until 5:45 and did over 20 rides. 14 you say? Yesterday it was 8. A tactic to reduce the amount of times it cycles?

Just been at the ECC trip this weekend and Megafobia is running fantastic! Night rides were something else entirely. It's definitely a front row ride for me though, the airtime is amazing.

The fireworks show was also really impressive and lasted a long time despite there being not many people in the park, I have to imagine it was running at a loss today.

Interestingly the prize for the quiz was one of those big 50-60kg sections of track that they had previously auctioned, fortunately our team didn't win as there was no way it would fit in the car!

Marsden10002

Roller Poster
Megaphobia is running great. Wasn't impressed when we turned up as there was an issue with the wheels and it didn't open till 230pm.

Rode mega 32 times from 230 to 930 and its great tbh. Fireworks were also great.

Oakwood however needs some major money and I don't think £2M will cut it foe the future