What's new

Magic Mountain vs. Great Adventure

Six Flags Magic Mountain or Six Flags Great Adventure?

• Six Flags Magic Mountain

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Six Flags Great Adventure

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

CPSFMMCW

Mega Poster
Which one of these parks do you like more? They are often looked at as the best 2 Six Flags parks, and many argue which is better. I personally vote Magic Mountain, but I can see why many would vote Great Adventure, especially with that Safari and the new Zumanjaro coming.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Not gonna vote since I haven't been to either, but the ride selection of Great Adventure appeals more to me. El Toro, Nitro and Kingda Ka are higher on my to do list than X2 and Tatsu, and I don't really care much for the other coasters in MM (aside from maybe Batman, which is also in Great Adventure, and Scream, which seems pretty similar to Bizarro), and it doesn't seem like it has anything else aside from coasters, while GAdv still has a zoo. I would gladly go to either though :) .

Darren B

Giga Poster
I haven't been to either, but based on which park I would prefer to visit, Great Adventure gets my vote.

It has 5 B&M's, El Toro and Kingda Ka. I don't think there's a park anywhere in the world I'd rather visit.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
Magic mountain is amazing I was there on Saturday the coasters are the best in the world Great Adventure even though I have never been just looks a little weird even with Kingda Ka and El Toro its just not enough.

Hutch

Strata Poster
insanecoastervids said:
just looks a little weird even with Kingda Ka and El Toro its just not enough.
What about all those other coasters they have, like Nitro and Batman?

marc

CF Legend
I've been to Magic Mountain and loved the park, but the rides are all rather dull there were only 2 or 3 good coaster tbh so the other park would get my vote.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
For me SFMM wins, simply as they have more coasters that are better.

SFGAdv has El Toro, Nitro, Bizarro, Kingda Ka (not actually that good but worth noting), Batman and that's about it as far as I'm concerned). SFMM has X2, Tatsu, Apocalypse, Riddlers Revenge, Goliath, Batman, not to mention Scream, Revolution, Viper and Superman.

Both of their park layouts are nothing special, and neither have any good flats (except the retro-fit drop towers which are essentially the same thing) and so it really just comes down to coasters and to me there's no competition.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
I like Great Adventure. The only rides I would kill for is Tastu and X2, but both probably aren't as good as El Toro. Aside from having more coasters, MM really only has a better standup and flying coaster. El Toro is better than any wooden coaster and Nitro is a great ride too. Magic Mountain also sounds like a pain to walk, while Great Adventure is more flat. Knowing you have the best wooden, B&M, and tallest coaster in the world (along with tallest drop tower) all in one park just make it better. Better than best flying and standup. Great Adventure wins for me.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Tough call. These are the only 2 Six Flags parks I've been to and I love them both to bits, but Great Adventure just nudges it for me. Magic Mountain might have MORE coasters, X2 and Tatsu are insanely good... but overall Great Adventure has a nicer line-up. Nitro beats Goliath, Bizarro beats Scream, Green Lantern beats Riddler's Revenge, and Kingda Ka & El Toro beat just about anything.
Also, I found Great Adventure to be a nicer, prettier place to be.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Having just been to great adventure, I thought it was actually a nice park, with a great selection of coasters. But I love Magic Mountain. It is my favourite park and despite its faults, nothing gets me quite as excited as driving into that car park and seeing X2 standing proud to my side and Tatsu looming in the distance. The only other park connect with on a similar level is Phantasialand.

For coasters alone (and let's face it, these two parks don't have much beyond the coasters), magic mountain still tops it for me.

At Magic Mountain I love 5 coasters (X2, Tatsu, Batman, Apocalypse and Riddler's Revenge), whereas at Great Adventure, I only love 4 coasters (El Toro, Batman, Nitro and Bizarro).

As supporting coasters to these I'd say I like Goliath and Scream a tad more than Superman: UF and Green Lantern (SFGAdv).

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
I will try to break it down by type, forgive me if I mix up the 4 kiddy coasters MM has:

Apocalypse < El Toro
Batman = Batman
Canyon Blaster = Road Runner
Colossus > Rolling Thunder
Full Throttle > N/A
Gold Rusher > Mine Train
Goliath < Nitro
Green Lantern > N/A
Magic Flyer = N/A
Ninja > N/A
Revolution > Skull Mountain
Riddler's Revenge > Chang