What's new

Kings Dominion | Tumbili | S&S Freespin | 2022

I mean it could be, but the Gerstlauer is meant for next year meaning the park would be opening two coasters next year.
Maybe the Free Spin is just part of the investment. Not completely out of the question but what if the 2022 investment is the entire area including any refurbishments, any TLC needed for current rides and buildings, 2 new coasters and any n3w supporting attractions. A big investment, but not completely impossible. KD to pull a SFMM on us next year lol

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Maybe the Free Spin is just part of the investment. Not completely out of the question but what if the 2022 investment is the entire area including any refurbishments, any TLC needed for current rides and buildings, 2 new coasters and any n3w supporting attractions. A big investment, but not completely impossible. KD to pull a SFMM on us next year lol
I personally don't see Kings Dominion adding 2 new coasters next year, considering it's the same park that went 8 years between Intimidator 305 and Twisted Timbers, and 4 years between Twisted Timbers and the S&S free spin. I'd think that Cedar Fair would want the most return on investment by spreading out the free spin and Volcano replacement additions a few years apart, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I could see Volcano's replacement coming as soon as 2023/2024, assuming they're teasing that along with the free spin as some form of a land-wide revamp, as you said (ala Candy Apple Grove's 2018 overhaul).

Gazza

Giga Poster
It would be cool if the freespin was going through different levels of a temple and enclosed, with walls of spikes at each raven turn.

gengarhaunts87

Roller Poster
i doubt they'd retheme I 305, but i just hope they dont tear down avalanche. it was my 1st coaster as a kid before i actually did what some would call my 1st real coaster flight if fear.

oberthewhat

Roller Poster
They can paint up an s&s free spin as much as they want but it is still an s&s free spin. This is a glorified, not even good flat ride(coaster) that is over before you get comfortable with it whipping you around in its terrible restraints. obviously, imo, these rides are a waste of money. batman at SFFT typically has no line and people leave riding it disappointed. Removing Volcano was a heart breaker, but using this awful ride as an excuse of a replacement is beyond me, even if they have a new ride in the works years from now. I miss Zimmerman running PKD. I believe their big announcement will be them retheming the entire Congo area to a Mayan area..

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
They can paint up an s&s free spin as much as they want but it is still an s&s free spin. This is a glorified, not even good flat ride(coaster) that is over before you get comfortable with it whipping you around in its terrible restraints. obviously, imo, these rides are a waste of money. batman at SFFT typically has no line and people leave riding it disappointed. Removing Volcano was a heart breaker, but using this awful ride as an excuse of a replacement is beyond me, even if they have a new ride in the works years from now. I miss Zimmerman running PKD. I believe their big announcement will be them retheming the entire Congo area to a Mayan area..
I mean, if this is how you feel about a freespin, then I can’t imagine you particularly liked Crypt, which is what this ride actually replaced.

gengarhaunts87

Roller Poster
it is sad that volcano got torn down, but given it was a prototype coaster (similar to hypersonic XLC) it will eventually need new parts made for it, and said parts will most likely be very expensive, and when the park feels that it may be to much they must say goodbye to it. sadly the crypt was a true maintenance nightmare from what we know so they decided to axe it. the 4 D free spin was said to be the replacement for the crypt so the g p (general public) will flock to that, and ensure a long life. they have not officially announced the replacement for volcano. leaked plans showed a wing coaster, but rumor mill says people are hoping for the new record breaking gerstlauer coaster to be the replacement which would be a nice enthusiast coaster. since it's record breaking the next thought would be well will it be a clone of shell raiser / takabisha with a even steeper drop, or perhaps a clone of the smiler, but more inversions on it. we won't know till the announcements come out on aug 12.