What's new

Kentucky Kingdom Observations - T3 Closing?

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Take this with a grain of salt, but there's some buzz going around on the r/rollercoasters Discord that apparently T3 is either closing soon or is already defunct. There's a person named Preston who used to work for KK and is still friends with people who work for KK, and the apparent word is T3 is on the way out. No confirmation yet, but watch this space.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Take this with a grain of salt, but there's some buzz going around on the r/rollercoasters Discord that apparently T3 is either closing soon or is already defunct. There's a person named Preston who used to work for KK and is still friends with people who work for KK, and the apparent word is T3 is on the way out. No confirmation yet, but watch this space.
Do you have a link? I couldn't find anything when I just looked.

cookie

Giga Poster
Guess we’re starting to really see the lifespan of these older SLCs if true. Arkham Asylum wore itself out due to year-round operation, but I can see more and more of those at seasonal parks being on the way out. Canada’s Wonderland’s Flight Deck and the early Mind Erasers feel at most risk.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
It was down all day when I was there a couple weeks ago with a sign out front saying “closed for extended maintenance.”The least disappointing spite I’ve ever had🤷‍♂️

Was chatting with a ride op while I lapped Kentucky Flyer, and he said he’d heard murmurings about computer problems. Take that with a grain of salt, of course.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Is it the Dippin' Dots guy?! Nope, just some dude named Preston.
Preston:

giphy.gif

MountedShooter

Mega Poster
Take this with a grain of salt, but I was there last Sunday and was talking with an area supervisor who claimed the trains were worn out and needed parts that were unavailable and that Vekoma would not work on them.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Take this with a grain of salt, but I was there last Sunday and was talking with an area supervisor who claimed the trains were worn out and needed parts that were unavailable and that Vekoma would not work on them.
Well they aren't Vekoma trains so surely they'd be wanting KumbaK to work on them?