What's new

Karls Erlebnis-Dorf + Bibi & Tina World | Germany & USA | Multiple Locations

HandsUpPantsDown

Roller Poster
German strawberry farming company ‘Karls‘ have stated that by 2035 they plan to build 12 more ‘Erlebnis-Dörfer’ (Adventure Villages), with the CEO Robert Dahl explaining that “the long-term plan is for every child in Germany to be able to reach a colourful Karls family park within an hour and a half". It has however also been rumoured that the company is considering building a park on the West Coast of the US.

Karls currently have five open Erlebnis-Dörfer scattered around Germany (RCDB), including Elstal near Berlin, home of the abc rides potato-themed coaster, K2 (Forum Post).

20200606_121016_2.jpg

The Karls parks are heavily family-focussed with lots of strawberry & farming themed restaurants, shops, and attractions, with the majority of locations featuring the SBF Visa Wacky Worm and a couple featuring the SBF Visa Monorail Coaster. Some parks also have some interesting flat-rides.

karls-erlebnis-dorf-roevershagen-bonbon.jpg

Next to the existing Elstal park a separate ‘Bibi & Tina World’ is currently in the planning process (Bibi & Tina is a German kid’s radio & cartoon series). Construction is expected to start Mid-2024 with a budget of around 45 million € for the whole development.

Karls have previously mentioned that they are very aware of the Knott’s Berry Farm precedent but have never (to my knowledge) said they are willing to expand into the thrill market. I personally think this is a huge opportunity missed especially at the Elstal location with a large young population nearby in Berlin, no other decent parks within 250km, and clear financial backing.

Anyway, potentially a park operator to keep on the radar, and string into any Germany-tours you may be planning. I will make sure to post any 'interesting' coaster news in this thread

Source 1 Source 2 Source 3 Source 4

peep

CF Legend
A group of us visited the park with K2 a few years back and we had a great time, we were planning on making a small tour to visit a bunch of the others (some were building hotels on site when we looked). Certainly a company to keep an eye on as they seem to have an interesting product on their hands.

Interesting that they would build the Bibi & Tina park as a separate gate, is it a decent IP in Germany?

HandsUpPantsDown

Roller Poster
A group of us visited the park with K2 a few years back and we had a great time, we were planning on making a small tour to visit a bunch of the others (some were building hotels on site when we looked). Certainly a company to keep an eye on as they seem to have an interesting product on their hands.

Interesting that they would build the Bibi & Tina park as a separate gate, is it a decent IP in Germany?

Good to hear, I also found K2 very underated, the 3rd airtime pop into the corner had me out of my seat 😆 I know that the Bibi & Tina park will definitely have a hotel, not sure about the others.

I have no idea about how strong the IP is to be honest, I'm not German, only been here a few years, but what I have read is it has been around for more than 30 years so adults will also be attracted to the park. Imo they would have been better off going with more of an international IP but of course that would cost a lot more

Niles

Giga Poster
Karls Erlebnis-Dorf Elstal have shown off some new concept art of their new Weather World exspanshion.

CLOUD EXPRESS - this will be the SBF Monorail coaster
IMG_20230125_214429.jpg

WEATHER CHANGE
IMG_20230125_214859.jpg

CLOTHESLINE
IMG_20230125_215027.jpg

PLAY FOUNTAIN
IMG_20230125_215042.jpg

And here is an overview of the new area which shows there will also be some play equipment added.
IMG_20230125_215223.jpg

See the website for more info on the new area, looks like a brilliant new area for the park:

HandsUpPantsDown

Roller Poster
I have received some info from a reliable source that the new Bibi & Tina World in Elstal will have at least 4 coasters, including a family dueling model and a launched family/thrill coaster. Currently the project is still on schedule with final permit planning ready by the end of this year, I imagine we'll get some more solid details by then.

Niles

Giga Poster
The human powered coasters are open, with both single and duelling ones going to the five parks. Another will come to one of there parks in 2024.

Sadly the there is a maximum weight of 40 kilos and a maximum height of 130 centimeters.

2.jpg
3.jpg

They are themed to a cute potato called Knollis ☺️

1.jpg

Source

Last edited:

HandsUpPantsDown

Roller Poster
The flagship park in Elstal (near Berlin) will be opening it's new SBF Visa Monorail coaster 'Wolken-Express' (Cloud Express) in the weather-themed area 'Wetterwelt' on July 8th.

1686647677467.png
1686647702835.png

1686647738788.png
1686647759203.png

1686647776488.png

1686648048471.png

Source

Attachments

• 1686647721500.png
    1686647721500.png
    735.9 KB · Views: 18

eKs_Prod

Roller Poster
I have received some info from a reliable source that the new Bibi & Tina World in Elstal will have at least 4 coasters, including a family dueling model and a launched family/thrill coaster. Currently the project is still on schedule with final permit planning ready by the end of this year, I imagine we'll get some more solid details by then.
Source? There is only an interview with the Owner Robert Dahl about one coaster where guest can duell other guests... so, for me it's just one coaster "confirmed".

Tasman83

Roller Poster
Hi everyone,

I haven't read it anywhere yet but it looks like the popular German local theme park group "Karl's Erlebnishof" wants to step into the US markt.

Currently the have a survey for the locals in Oxnard in California:

participate-karls.org

Karls is getting bigger and bigger atm here in Germany - currently having 6 parks open and 3 more set to open within the next 2-3 years.