What's new

Hershey Park | Wildcat's Revenge | RMC Wildcat | 2023

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Hersheypark are advertising three trains for this, which had me rolling because upon first glance this is clearly a two-train setup. Besides, Hersheypark ops are horrendous and surely three RMC trains would be a trainwreck for them.

Then an eagle eyed friend of mine noticed this;
659E39FF-4436-43CA-8D5C-44F7F7196043.jpeg
D37FB32A-E123-4FE1-AE0A-FEB4A34094D6.jpeg
709A11A8-4A39-4F88-A891-C616B05F55DF.jpeg
B7E9C68A-3838-4FC1-BA4C-B98B13A43A87.jpeg

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
"ride duration" is a fairly dubious stat.

If CP feels up to taking the "2nd longest duration RMC" record back, all they have to do is slow down the lift on Steel Vengeance.

zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Length of track is the FAR more meaningful length statistic IMO, and on that score, its not close between the two:

Steel Vengeance: 5,740 feet

Wildcat's Revenge: 3,510 feet
I completely agree I just wanted to make note of Wildcat's Revenge's duration

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
This will round out Hersheypark. Their line-up is balanced but an RMC would really add extra ‘oomph’ - likely to be best ride in the park but could possibly feel derivative. Are we at the point now where this will be ‘just another RMC’…?

Not really digging the goofy train design…

Is this supposed to have the longest ‘stall’ of any RMC? That would be impressive as Zadra’s is epic.

Steely Dan

Mega Poster
likely to be best ride in the park but could possibly feel derivative. Are we at the point now where this will be ‘just another RMC’…?

it likely won't be as revelatory as some of the earlier RMC rebuilds when enthusiasts' heads were exploding, but it's also important to keep things in perspective too.

i think most would agree that any RMC >>> no RMC at all.

i mean, if we take the jaded enthusiast goggles off for a moment, "just another RMC" becomes "a damn fine roller coaster".

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
2023???

Are they trying to steal all of Energylandia's thunder?

Pfttt.. Bet theirs won't blow down halfway through and still open early!!!

James F

Hyper Poster
I quite like the zero car to be honest, but I am a cat person.

I think it's kind of a good thing they didn't go for an airtime focused layout, although many goons might disagree with me. If you consider the park already has an Intamin and B&M Hyper, they have that box checked and this will surely offer enough to make it a stunning ride.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Overall this sends me strong Iron Gwazi vibes; this is a good thing, and ultimately makes the elements and transitions the make or break between ordinary and extraordinary.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
So wait - is this to infer a loading and unloading platform? Or some crazy Skyrush-single-sided-load-unload-shenanigans again?
This will be two separate platforms fitting inside of Wildcat's long boi station... that's also why it's undergoing such a heavy transformation right now. There will be one train on load, one on unload, and the third on the layout. Double sided lockers are being put in a new clearing opened up by the rerouting of the turnaround that went underneath the brake run. If Hersheypark ops are able to be competent for once then this could be one of the most consistently moving lines in the park.

Here's the layout btw (courtesy of RrevinEvan);
vNq9ezI.jpg

Niles

Giga Poster
Amusement Insider have done a great pre-creation of the layout.

Kinda sad aesthetically the the stall is not positioned under the lift similar to Zadra or Arieforce but other than that it looks great solid RMC. Hershey really have an even more brilliant well rounded collection of rollercoasters now.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ that looks rad. Seemingly an offshoot from the ‘Zadra / Iron Gwazi’ sub-species, devoid of those ‘wacky trick track’ jolts.
Agreed, and less of the tedious pre-lift bollocks too.

Only note would be that I'd have swapped out the final zero-g roll for a double-up or double-down.

Still looks fantastic, though. That airtime hill and stall are going to be great!

Indy

Hyper Poster
Kinda sad aesthetically the the stall is not positioned under the lift similar to Zadra or Arieforce but other than that it looks great solid RMC.
While I agree that the aesthetic of the integrated stall is fantastic, I'm honestly sort of glad that they couldn't do it in this case. As cool as it is, I don't want it to become overdone to the point of no longer being special.

Last edited: