What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

otwidalepda

Roller Poster
Apparently a new animal enclosure on Lost River Ride - it is the White Rhino enclosure that is having the work done. People seem to be saying on Facebook it is Cheetah or Leopard.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Not that I've heard? Seems like a massive expense for little benefit to be honest. I'd lend more credence to the idea of another animal pen for the flume to be honest, after the success Chessington has seen with Tiger Falls.

Could do with a couple more boats too, was running on three boats when I went which sapped capacity.

otwidalepda

Roller Poster
Was meant to post this the other day - confirmed on their Facebook page, it is a cheetah exhibit for Lost River Ride. However, someone did say in the comments that Little Monster's Mischief Mansion is going and being replace by a 4D ride.

otwidalepda

Roller Poster
^ it’s apparently a Peter Rabbit VR ride. That was the initial plan as far as I know however given age recommendations for using VR and the age demographic of Peter Rabbit they may have logically had a rethink.
It just find it strange that they had a 4D cinema - never really got enough people using it - reduced its operating hours considerably - closed it - and now they are going to put a new one in

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
It just find it strange that they had a 4D cinema - never really got enough people using it - reduced its operating hours considerably - closed it - and now they are going to put a new one in

Wait, the 4D cinema is shut? Was always my favourite 4D cinema. Granted it was always quiet and film quality often lacking but the seats were fab.

All the more reason to get back to FL, haven't been for a good 6 years, at least since Hero opened. Used to go every year for a week in their caravans. This time next year once this new coaster opens will be a good time I think...

jonnypinks

Roller Poster
It's definitely a 10 inversion coaster, set to open for next season its come from another park and they have had some of the track already delivered I work for a construction retail outlet and the guys that are constructing it talk to me every other day, they want give me a lot but have confirmed it's from a previous park it is a 10 inversion and is yet to be named. They are also expanding the zoo this year with a few more habitats almost finished :)

otwidalepda

Roller Poster
Wait, the 4D cinema is shut? Was always my favourite 4D cinema. Granted it was always quiet and film quality often lacking but the seats were fab.

All the more reason to get back to FL, haven't been for a good 6 years, at least since Hero opened. Used to go every year for a week in their caravans. This time next year once this new coaster opens will be a good time I think...
I believe it has - it is no longer on the map and last year seemed to be closed with no opening times posted.

otwidalepda

Roller Poster
It's definitely a 10 inversion coaster, set to open for next season its come from another park and they have had some of the track already delivered I work for a construction retail outlet and the guys that are constructing it talk to me every other day, they want give me a lot but have confirmed it's from a previous park it is a 10 inversion and is yet to be named. They are also expanding the zoo this year with a few more habitats almost finished :)
Are there any more exhibits other than the Cheetahs? And do we know where the white rhinos are going?

jonnypinks

Roller Poster
Cheetahs are confirmed the second one is apparently some more primates, white rhinos are supposed to be going around the lake next to kumali but not confirmed as of yet ?

oopnorth

Roller Poster
Planning permission was granted on 12th July. According to the planning app its to be called 'inversion'

jonnypinks

Roller Poster
It is just a generic for the planning application as to not release details, ths can be changed after approval as it doesn't affect the construction and stops it being public knowledge from what I'm told ?