What's new

Flamingo Land Early '90s

Pierre

Strata Poster
Just been scanning the old photo albums and theres a few Flamingo Land ones in there so I've uploaded them so you can check them out!

Just notice how bare it is, that last picture on the album with the horses in the middle is where Navigator is now, you can see how much its changed!

Its NOT so gash any more now though :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 0&comments

Ollie

CF Legend
Wow. Looks like a travelling fair. :p
Some nice photos though, I like seeing parks from ages ago.
I'm still trying to find pics of that assault course the used to be at Oakwood where Bounce is now.

marc

CF Legend
Thats how I remember the park, I used to go there about 22 years ago when I stayed at my mates in York lol. We used to have a choice there or Alton Towers and we picked there as the rides were better back then.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
There's no question that the park needed to change it's image to stay in the game, and it was sad to see a lot of the old rides move on, but I just don't get as much enjoyment out of the park anymore.

What the park could really do with is a proper hotel instead of the multitude of wall-to-wall caravans.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As promised, Pierre, I've had a look in this topic but the Spazbook link is not public.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Thats wierd, I posted the 'public' link, I'll check when I'm home because I can't access Facebook at work!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, thanks!

It looks mega ghetto. Reminds me of Butlins in Bognor in the mid-80's!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
As if the Century 2000 is from Flamingo Land as well, another Fl cast off that now belongs at PI ha!

It looks sooo bad. It's looking at images like that which is making me think well maybe Pleasure Island isn't THAT bad. To think that PI opened in '93, so obviously this early Fl was supporting a new theme park!

Insane.