What's new

CF Speed Build Competition | Round 3 | VOTE for your winning layouts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
round3.jpg

All entries are in, and it's time for you to pick your favourites from the entries listed below.

Please pick your top 5 entries, from 1st to 5th. Voting purely on the layout alone, please ignore any theming or landscaping, this was added purely so you do not have to watch multiple 'Car Park' coasters!!! It's the layout you're judging. You should base this decision on the coasters you would most like to ride.

Points will be awarded to the contestants chosen for each person that votes as follows: 1st = 5pts, 2nd = 4pts, 3rd = 3pts, 4th = 2pts and 5th = 1pt

Please also pick your choice of 'Most Realistic Layout' considering things like forces involved, likelihood of existing etc etc... As well as your pick for 'Most Original Layout' considering things like completely new elements, elements new to the coaster type, etc.

I will put a voting template at the bottom of this post.

ALL MEMBERS CAN VOTE, INCLUDING CONTESTANTS WHO MUST VOTE.

Some additional rules for contestants only:

• You MUST vote, or face a deduction of 5 points from your allotted total.
  • You cannot vote for yourself.
Once again... PLEASE IGNORE THEMING AND LANDSCAPING AND JUDGE PURELY THE LAYOUTS

You have until 9pm GMT on Monday 28th March to vote (Changed this to a Monday, due to both the extension given for submissions, and the fact that the 27th is Mothering Sunday, and my busiest day of the year)

As a side note, for anyone unaware, the reason we're judging layouts and only layouts is because these coasters were designed using different software packages, and some of those packages offer a serious advantage when it comes to theming, so this is to keep a level playing field. For example, PlanCo, is a park designer, and naturally has more theming options than NL2. On this basis I also want to mention that layouts and transitions, particularly in POVs, tend to look a lot smoother in NL2 than they will in PlanCo, RCT and Parkitect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENTRIES

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Matt N

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-3-entries.45439/post-1130770

-------------------------------------------------------------------

@FistedColossus

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-3-entries.45439/post-1131166

@Kw6sTheater

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-3-entries.45439/post-1131254

@Niles

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-3-entries.45439/post-1131297

@HeartlineCoaster

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-3-entries.45439/post-1131413

@Thecoasterrus

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-3-entries.45439/post-1131442

@Coasterotter

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-3-entries.45439/post-1131467

@Rollercoaster David

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-3-entries.45439/post-1131513

@Skyye

Video -

Entry Post - https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...ompetition-round-3-entries.45439/post-1131548

When voting please use the following layout as a guide / template.

Overall Top 5

1st) @Nicky Borrill
2nd) @Nicky Borrill
3rd) @Nicky Borrill
4th) @Nicky Borrill
5th) @Nicky Borrill

Most Realistic Layout: @Nicky Borrill - You can put some reasoning here if you wish

Most Original Layout: @Nicky Borrill - You can put some reasoning here if you wish

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Overall Top 5

1st) @HeartlineCoaster - You nailed Gravity Group’s out-of-control, ejector and laterals-filled style right on the head. On top of that, I could totally see Skogrikt existing in real life due to its reasonable scale and compact footprint.

2nd) @Niles - With a layout as long as Firefly’s, I’m glad you split it into distinct sections. The change in pace and elements from one section to another (namely, the Hades-style tunnel and the finale of bunny hills) makes for a diverse layout that never quite fizzles out.

3rd) @Skyye - A small but peppy layout with some inventive transitions (namely the S-curves and miniature overbank). Just like your last entry, Scarlet Monster is impressively smooth for PlanCo as well.

4th) @Matt N - Twisted, airtime-filled for a GCI and fast-paced all the way into the brakes.

5th) @Thecoasterrus - A long, classic-feeling layout loaded with airtime. The underground pre-lift section, outerbanked turn along the waterfall and 2nd lift hill were neat, unexpected surprises.

Most Realistic Layout: @HeartlineCoaster - See above.

Most Original Layout: @Niles - See above.

Niles

Giga Poster
1st) @Thecoasterrus - This looks like a mix of some of my favourite coasters such as Beast, El Toro and Voyage, I originally wanted two lifts in my coaster but I could not get it right, you nailed a long out and back layout without it getting boring. I love how you fly above, through and below the woods in an airtime filled creatively funky layout.

2nd) @FistedColossus - An airtime machine, if Intamin were still making pre-fabs I can see them coming up with something like this, brilliantly aggressive and whippy layout.

3rd) @HeartlineCoaster - Forceful with some great elements, I like how the coaster wraps around itself.

4th) @Kw6sTheater - Graceful and smooth, this coaster has some lovely airtime elements.

5th) @Matt N - Great all rounder, nice airtime and twists, some of the laterals look like they have quite a kick.

Most Realistic Layout: @Coasterotter - A sweet coaster that I think would be a realistic choice for a park.

Most Original Layout: @Rollercoaster David - Very twisted, I like how it passes over and under itself so much.

James F

Hyper Poster
1st: @Kw6sTheater - Excellent use of the terrain and the profiling was suburb!
2nd: @Niles - It really felt like the "greatest hits" of the Gravity Group and it kept up it's pacing well.
3rd: @Skyye - This layout had great sequencing each twist, turn and drop felt natural.
4th:@HeartlineCoaster - Fast paced and really made a feature out of those outerbanks.
5th:@Matt N - a short, but exciting layout with plenty of GCI-ness

Most Realistic Layout: @HeartlineCoaster - ... "Coming to a Chinese park not near you"
Most Original Layout: @Rollercoaster David - Some crazy banking and I actually lost sense of direction!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Here's my feedback for all the coasters (in the order of Nicky's first post in this thread):

@Matt N - This reminded me quite a lot of Wodan with the big first hills and then lower/faster stuff towards the end. Good work.

@FistedColossus - Intamin pre-fab meets RMC? Or something? Epic, albeit it probably stretching the fantasy side a little more.

@Kw6sTheater - This felt marginally too fluid for a woodie, but was undeniably an excellent coaster. Lots of very cool long length versions of more traditional woodie elements, which was a nice way to mix it up.

@Niles - Ravine Flyer meets Hades meets Voyage? Yes please.

@HeartlineCoaster - This felt the closest to me like something Intamin might have come up with for a plug-n-play in 2023.

@Thecoasterrus - This was truly a monster of a coaster. Epic stuff. Bonus points for making me chuckle during the second lift hill!

@Coasterotter - This actually felt relatively old school in it's inspiration. It wasn't bad, but I have a hard time thinking this would keep up with a modern woodie.

@Rollercoaster David - I liked the ambition with this one, but I think the shaping felt a little off throughout. Kudos for the terrain and lighting work, though!

@Skyye - This was a great compact(ish) coaster, good work!

So, that's all the feedback. How about the final rankings then.
  1. @Niles
  2. @Matt N
  3. @Kw6sTheater
  4. @HeartlineCoaster
  5. @Skyye

Then additionally:
Most realistic - @Matt N
Most original - @Niles

Gutted not to be able to enter this round, but quality stuff from everyone!

Coasterotter

Roller Poster
1. @Niles - Really nice mix of different coasters with modern elements.
2. @HeartlineCoaster - Very fast paced and reminiscent of other Gravity group coasters with the wave turns and overbanks.
3. @Rollercoaster David - This entry is just surreal with the dives down into the valley and the airtime filled finale at the end of it.
4. @Kw6sTheater - Extremely smooth and well profiled with a nice trick-track at the end.
5. @Skyye - I liked the flowy transitions and the occasional pop of airtime on this one.

Most realistic - @HeartlineCoaster - See above.

Most original - @Thecoasterrus - I liked how strange this ride is. It starts off and you are instantly surprised with a drop and prelift segment underground. And then, you have two lift hills on the ride.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I've been really slacking on this these last 2 weeks, almost every hour not spent working has been spent inside a Merlin theme park. Please accept my apologies. Anyway, I don't like snow, so will not be on park, and will finalise these results and get them published today.

@Rollercoaster David Don't worry, I've clearly been no better, and I've not even left the UK yet since January!

Status
Not open for further replies.