What's new

CF Speed Build Competition | Round 3 | Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
round3.jpg

Please use this thread to submit your entries before midnight (GMT) on the 20th March.

Screen grab a video containing off ride footage as well as a POV, then upload it to youtube and share it here. (Alternatively, as a last resort if your struggling to upload to youtube, send me a DM for my email address, email it to me, (using wetransfer) and I'll upload it.

I'll then update this message / thread with a poll, and further instructions for the voting members, so that a winner can be chosen.

Matt N

CF Legend
Right, my entry for this round is ready! Say hello to TrailBlazer, a GCI wooden coaster:
Trail-Blazer-Entrance.png

Trail-Blazer-Layout-Overview.png

In terms of stats, they are as follows:
  • Name: TrailBlazer
  • Manufacturer: Great Coasters International
  • Model: Custom Wooden Coaster
  • Height: 127ft
  • Speed: 58mph
  • Length: 3,299ft
  • Maximum Positive G-Force: 4.1G (overall), 2.8G (heatmap)
  • Maximum Negative G-Force: -1.3G (overall), -1G (heatmap)
  • Trains: 3 trains with 12 cars/24 riders
  • Throughput: 1,185pph (Dispatch Timer)
The ride has a loose Western theme, with some Western theming elements dotted around, but nothing too overboard.

Finally, here's a POV:

And here's a Steam Workshop link, if you'd like to download TrailBlazer and have a look at it for yourself: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2775751285

So, that's my Round 3 submission; I hope you like it!

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Name: El Lolo
Manufacturer: Intamin 🤷‍♀️
Drop: 120ft
Max Speed: 62mph
Length: 3721ft

Inspired by El Toro but with a more twisted second half. Used the lift hill structure for some high speed head chopper sections.

Quite pleased with the length and pacing considering the modest height.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Here's my entry! Using the wooden support generator instead of having to make the supports myself saved a surprising (and significant) amount of time...

Name: Ridge Rumbler

Model: GCI Wooden

Platform: NoLimits 2

Mainly inspired by Thunderhead, Texas Stingray and the finale of Python in Bamboo Forest, my goal here was to design an airtime-filled, non-repetitive and believably GCI layout (with realistic shaping and force limits). To keep its pacing and excitement high throughout, the layout has multiple drops downhill to gain speed.

Statistics:
Height Difference: 131.2ft / 39.7m (NOT the height from ground level)
Max Speed: 54.6mph / 87.8kmh
Length: 4077.1ft / 1242.7m
Max/Min Vertical G-Force: +3.3 / -0.4
Airtime Moments: 20

Ridge Rumbler off-ride screenshots:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Ever since the contest began, I was especially looking forward to this round. I've been itching to make a sprawling hillside woody for months, and Round 3 presented the golden opportunity for one. All in all, Ridge Rumbler was so much fun to design, and I hope you all enjoy it too.

Niles

Giga Poster
My coaster is Firefly, it has some of my favourite moments from woodies all mixed together, starting with an out and back section taking you over a bridge through a tunnel and far away to come back finish with a twisted section, airtime throughout and it uses the terrain to get its long layout, hope you enjoy.

Manufacturer: Gravity Group
Max Height: 98ft
Max Drop: 128ft
Max Speed: 60mph
Length: 6197ft
Max G-Force: 4.0
Min G-Force: -1.1
Airtime moments: 30

( off-ride starts at 2.45 )

Some pictures:

A8C75A9B-A12D-46D0-B9F0-6A3C1DE09E23.jpeg
09457C5F-8A61-49E3-9DAB-22DA378C95B3.jpeg
AE4CF88F-E7CB-41F7-A3DD-EFF2F7B64E49.jpeg
259E96C6-1E54-44B2-A4B5-2907BD8991F0.jpeg
B7327998-4A51-431C-ADC2-87668A98A1AD.jpeg
I caught Covid this week, while I don’t have it to bad this kept my mind off my pain so it was nice to have this project to do 😅

Last edited:

James F

Hyper Poster
20220319210147_1.jpg
Name: Apache
Height: 127ft
Length: 6,627ft
Speed: 66mph
Airtime Moments: 26
Manufacturer: GCI

Inspired by "The Voyage" at Holiday World with a bit of "The Beast", "The Boss" and "Ghostrider" thrown in. My goal here was to make a hybrid layout between a CCI and a GCI design.
20220319210129_1.jpg
20220319210155_1.jpg
20220319210236_1.jpg

20220319210306_1.jpg
20220319210336_1.jpg
20220319210349_1.jpg
20220319210408_1.jpg
POV and off-ride

Last edited:

Leon_K

Mega Poster
I might be able to upload mine this evening but really didn't have time to finish it on time. Hope it's still possible but if not, I get it.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I might be able to upload mine this evening but really didn't have time to finish it on time. Hope it's still possible but if not, I get it.
my entry will be slighlty late if that's ok as I'm working night shifts. will put up the video to
morrow morning when I get home
We can extend deadline to this evening.

However, I won’t enter… I could make one today, but I won’t as I’ve not even started so doesn’t seem fair (theme parks got in the way on my other days off haha)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
@Thecoasterrus it definitely is not... In fact, some people will mark you down on it purely because they don't like it when a coaster's 'flow' is interrupted like that... Personally though, it always makes me feel like I got more for my money / time, so I love it. :)

Skyye

Mega Poster
literally forgot to submit

I've been super stressed over my math class and other things school related

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Unfortunately I was not able to finish it yesterday evening :( I'll pass this round. Good luck everyone with the rating of their creations. Next round I'll be in again.

Status
Not open for further replies.