What's new

CF Speed Build Competition | Round 2 | Type Vote (Please Vote)

Which type should we build?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
round2.jpg

So round 1 is over, and we move swiftly to round 2... I know some of us will really want to remove the '0' next to our names in the points column of the league table!!!

It's time to vote for which type we'll be building in this round.

The Nominations Are:
Wooden Coaster
(Constraints: Max Height: 130ft, Max Inversions: 3, Min Speed: 40mph)

Multi Launch Coaster (Constraints: Propulsion: Multiple Launches, Max Height: 199ft, Min Speed: 50mph, Material: Steel Coaster)

Maurer Spinning Coaster (Constraints: Max Area: 30M x 40M, Min Cars: 4)

Gerst Infinity Coaster (Constraints: Propulsion: Lift Hill, Max Height: 175ft, Min Height: 120ft, Min Length: 4000ft, Compulsory Element/s: Interlocking corkscrews)

Please pick which you think we should build using the attached poll.

Notes:

ANY GAME CAN BE USED TO BUILD THE LAYOUT!!!

Voting ends midnight (GMT) Sunday evening (6th Feb.) Contestants will then have until midnight (GMT) on Sunday 20th February to build and submit their entry. You, the members, will be asked to vote on your favourites.

Each type has it's own set of constraints that must be abided by. If a constraint isn't mentioned for a particular type, then the contestant has creative freedom. For example, where no propulsion type is mentioned, a contestant may use a lift hill or a launch. Except in the case of material, where it is either defined by the type itself, or a constraint.

Contestants will be judged purely on the layout. light theming, / landscaping may be added, but we will ask you to ignore this when picking a winner.

Layouts will be judged on 3 categories:

Realism: How realistic is the layout?
Originality / Creativity: Does this layout contain unique elements, is it an original idea?
Overall: Which layout would you most like to ride overall?

There will be a winner each round for each of the above judging categories. But the league table will be placed based on the Overall category, with Realism and Creativity being used to separate ties.

League Table Points will be awarded for each round as follows. Overall winner: 5 pts, 2nd place: 4 pts, 3rd place: 3 pts, 4th place: 2 pts, 5th place: 1 pt.

League season will last for 6 rounds.

Contestants:

But there is still time to join us...
Whilst we are 1 round in, so you will be at a disadvantage, there are still more contestants on zero points than there are with points when it comes to the overall league. So now is the time for any last minute entrants. Just post your username and the games you play below before Sunday night, like this:

Name: Nicky Borrill
Games Played: Planet Coaster and a little NL2

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Before voting, I assume Wood includes Hybrid/RMC?
Nope, not by the way I classify them... An RMC to me is either Steel if it's Ibox, or wood if it's topper. (unless you can build an RMC with wooden track, I haven't personally seen it in PC, just the steel.)

Am I wrong here, what do the majority think?

However we are looking for another option, to make it 6 rounds, should we add Hybrid / RMC as the final option? (if so it will be included in the options from round 3)

EDIT: Scratch that... I've just looked on youtube and it seems you can build an RMC topper in PC.... I'm an idiot, and I apologise. So Yes, for ease, let's include all hybrids, topper and ibox.... Still need that 6th option then.

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Voting is over... Round 2 will be a 'Multi Launch Coaster' You have 2 weeks to build and submit your off ride and on ride video.

Constraints will be...

Propulsion: Multiple Launches
Max Height: 199ft (Max height of track above ground)
Min Speed: 50mph
Material: Steel Coaster

I will create a thread for submitting entries tomorrow. You will have until midnight (GMT) on Sunday 21st Feb to submit.

Remember theming is not required, although you're welcome to add some landscaping / terraforming and theming if you like. Voters will be asked not to consider it, and to consider just the layout.

Finally welcome to the 2 new contestants...

@Coasterotter and @RobCoasters :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Out of interest, Nicky, is there a thread for submissions yet?
Nah, that lazy so-and-so hasn't bothered yet.

;)

Not got many ideas for this one yet, but hoping something will come to me when I start placing nodes. :D

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Nah, that lazy so-and-so hasn't bothered yet.

;)

Not got many ideas for this one yet, but hoping something will come to me when I start placing nodes. :D
No, but tbf, if you’re finished in a day, you haven’t tried hard enough!!!! (Or you’re using a pre-built layout!)

I almost threw my monitor out the window yesterday, I knew what I wanted to do, and it was so far from your normal launch coaster, but the game just wasn’t letting me do it!!! I managed to get close, but it’s so bloody janky I’m just going to start again.

Matt N

CF Legend
I assure you I haven’t used a pre-built layout; I built it entirely from the ground up, and it went through a few iterations and a few bouts of smoothing sections of track before I was happy with it!

I know this isn't technically a submissions thread, but here is what I’ve managed to build, to give you some idea:

When the submissions thread appears, I’ll do a more in-depth post with a bit more explanation.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I assure you I haven’t used a pre-built layout; I built it entirely from the ground up, and it went through a few iterations and a few bouts of smoothing sections of track before I was happy with it!

I know this isn't technically a submissions thread, but here is what I’ve managed to build, to give you some idea:

When the submissions thread appears, I’ll do a more in-depth post with a bit more explanation.
You should fix the block timing before submitting :)

Stopping on the mid course isn't a great look, and does the (great) layout an injustice. Even if it is only one drop from the final brake run...

Status
Not open for further replies.