What's new

CANCELLED - Basic Beginnings | ALTON TOWERS | 22nd Mar 2020

So Alton have updated and are still planning to open despite yesterday's news.

"The advice from the health authorities has not changed, so our business is operating as normal and standard terms and conditions on bookings continue to apply."

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So Alton have updated and are still planning to open despite yesterday's news.

"The advice from the health authorities has not changed, so our business is operating as normal and standard terms and conditions on bookings continue to apply."
I think this actually just a bit of **** website design (or simply just page formatting) on Alton's part.

The "update" is this bit:
[Updated 10:15am 17/3/20]
Tuesday March 17th: Alton Towers Resort is continuing to monitor the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and is aware of the recent announcement on Monday 16th March from the Government.
We are currently reviewing our policies and procedures to meet the guidelines outlined. The health and wellbeing of our guests and staff continues to be our top priority and as always, we will take all necessary precautions to ensure their continued welfare.

As we continue to monitor the situation, we will provide you with updates across our social media channels and our website below.

We will continue to update the latest information as the situation develops. We would like to thank you in advance for your patience during this difficult and uncertain time.

Everything below that is the same as it's been for over a week now. Not part of the update. A bit misleading, because the advice from the authorities HAS changed in the last 24 hours. They should be heading each update with the date it's posted, otherwise it reads like it's all an update today - which it's not.

But yes, still monitoring. We have, to this point, taken a stance alongside the parks. However, with the latest developments from the government, we are considering breaking from this. I will update as soon as I can, of course.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
In light of Coronavirus developments, we’ve taken the decision to cancel our Alton Towers CF Live this weekend.⁠

A large gathering at this time is not in the health interest of our members. We have no plans to reschedule.⁠

This decision has been taken independently of Alton Towers, who (at the time of posting) still plan to open this weekend. Please check their website for their specific advice.⁠

Updates to other CF Lives will come in time - stay tuned.⁠

Be safe out there folks!

Hixee, on behalf of the whole CF Team.

Peet

Giga Poster
I'm really disappointed but this is the correct decision, well done team for taking the initiative.
See you all at Paultons (hopefully)!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Yeah what Peet said. Probably the right thing to do. I'm almost certain the UK parks will announce delayed openings before the week is out anyway.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'd already made the decision not to attend due to personal health concerns (diabetes and asthma) but I think it's the right decision to cancel at the moment. I'm sad to not get the chance to hang out with you nice people but let's be honest, Alton Towers isn't really a worthwhile place to risk contracting this thing at! ;)

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Sad it had to be cancelled. But health is important at the moment. I am scared as I don't know what is happening 100%

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Well since the government deem it safe for me to continue being exposed to the general public ignoring the advice and visiting my pub, an enclosed, indoor space, and don’t want to close us down. Then if the Parks do open this weekend, I’ll be visiting, need some escapism to be honest.

That being said, right call was definitely made here, you don’t want to be encouraging close contact of a large group of strangers all day long, as that would mean sufficient exposure for everyone in that group to any carrier within. Shame though.