What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | DarKoaster | Intamin Family Multi-Launch (DarKastle Replacement) | 2023

Indy

Hyper Poster
Why are they building another Intamin family launch coaster?
In all fairness, this is technically their first Intamin family launch coaster. Also, there is only so much you can do with a small space like that. They must see this as being the best option presented to them.

Personally, I'll gladly trade a dark ride for a launched indoor coaster, regardless of the size or manufacturer.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Extend it a tad bit and you'll fit in Taron
As amazing as that'd be, I would define it as a little more than a "tad." 😄 But you're right in that Taron isn't terribly longer.

Regardless, I meant that if they want to keep the building then there isn't too much they can do with that space.

JFranks

Mega Poster
I always appreciated the step up in theming and immersion for this park being from SeaWorld. As a clear example, we have Verboltem which I honestly thought was just a step down from hagrid´s, such an amazing achievement given the budget of hagrid´s. And let's not forget about Pantheon (Which I believe to be pretty improvable but it's still a solid full-sized Intamin LSM multi-launch) and its nice-themed areas pretty well integrated within the environment that surrounds this park. I believe this ride is no exception and they will be getting an amazing indoor which will compliment the park making it one of the best lineups you can find out there!!!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
And let's not forget about Pantheon (Which I believe to be pretty improvable but it's still a solid full-sized Intamin LSM multi-launch) and its nice-themed areas pretty well integrated within the environment that surrounds this park.
An improvement? Bro the coaster has less theming and landscaping than some Six Flags coasters.

Matt N

CF Legend
The ride is called DarKoaster, with the slogan of Escape The Storm!

It will be “the world’s first all-indoor straddle coaster”, with the ride vehicles being snowmobiles.

It will reach 36mph and will have 2,454ft of track.

It will have 4 launches.

It will have a 48” height requirement and will be manufactured by Intamin.

If you’re wondering where I got this from, I’m live-streaming the announcement.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
The ride is called DarKoaster, with the slogan of Escape The Storm!

It will be “the world’s first all-indoor straddle coaster”, with the ride vehicles being snowmobiles.

It will reach 36mph and will have 2,454ft of track.

It will have 4 launches.

It will have a 48” height requirement and will be manufactured by Intamin.

If you’re wondering where I got this from, I’m live-streaming the announcement.
2,454 feet of track, of which 2,000 feet is going to be launch track.

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
I hope they theme it better than Pantheon! But this is very interesting a straddle coaster and a world's first! Sounds like something Merlin would promote!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Riding a vehicle through a lightning storm? Feels a bit...

bd59310b-dae5-4c7c-a57d-a00a866aaa5a_text.gif