What's new

BPB | Red Arrows Sky Force | Gerstlauer Sky Fly

Pierre

Strata Poster
Just got this e-mail... anyone any ideas? Had a quick browse on here can't see anything...

http://theta.ecommzone.com/lz/BPBLTD/00 ... 5/home.htm

redarrowscrm.png

peep

CF Legend
Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach - Project 2015

A new water fountain show?

No idea to be honest, intriguing that they're marketing something and there's not even a rumour as to what it could be.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

No, it won't be a water show. Or a coaster. (Or a maze before anybody asks.)

Mrs Thompson is fab therefore the new attraction will be too.

Dar

Hyper Poster

There's been talk of an Air-Race on the old Bling site over on PBE, but I'm not sure that'd be worth a "PROJECT 2015" mail out.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

There's not much time for much more than a flat ride, unless they've done a very good job of keeping things under wraps.

I'm not hopeful.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

Nooo please not an air race, get something that does't make you wish you were dead. How about a drop tower? I don't believe the Pleasure Beach has one (I know the dungeons technically do but that isn't the pleasure beach).

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Jordanovichy said:
Nooo please not an air race, get something that does't make you wish you were dead. How about a drop tower? I don't believe the Pleasure Beach has one (I know the dungeons technically do but that isn't the pleasure beach).

maxresdefault.jpg

I like how 'Project 2015' gives away nothing, so mysterious. Maybe it's a re-theme of a current attraction?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

I actually quite like air races. But then I do love a good spin and spew. That 'thing' in Finland <3

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

ATTACKHAMMER said:
Jordanovichy said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I like how 'Project 2015' gives away nothing, so mysterious. Maybe it's a re-theme of a current attraction?

Have I really been that thick? Whoops.

Mysterious Sue said:
I actually quite like air races. But then I do love a good spin and spew. That 'thing' in Finland <3

If the one on Brighton Pier is anything to go by...bleugh. I suppose an air race on a lesser cycle might not be quite as bad.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

I hope it's an RMC conversion of Big Dipper! Both the public and enthusiasts would love it and it would be a UK first. Also, Big Dipper was a little bit too rough to enjoy this summer.

ashtonrick

Roller Poster

I agree not much time to put in anything truly amazing now other than a flat ride. It does seem strange to be hyping it as Project 2015 if its a generic Air Race though. The only time I remember them using the 'Project' thing was for Project '94 - The Big One, and Project 2000 - Valhalla (correct me if I'm wrong); much in the same way Alton use SW. Both pretty hefty rides.

Also, didn't the PB get a decent sized loan for a new attraction from the council last year? Surely they couldn't have spent all that on the Wallace and Gromit re-theme of the Gold Mine. And food for thought - can't our German fun-fair friends stick up a ride like Teststrecke and Olympia Looping in about a week? (wishful thinking for a coaster lol!)

Only time will tell I suppose.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

The image blueprints looked like a clock and a big machine.

I'm bamboozled. But a RMC to either GN or BD would be interesting.

Maybe they could actually get airtime!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Darren B

Giga Poster

caffeine_demon said:
Nahh- it'll be that launcher on a specially built pier....

1AFE7A32-A341-45A2-B443-2EB7A5571691_zps6fklgpgp.jpg

It'll be a cheap thrill ride. Doubt it'll be anything more than the spin & spew everyone is bringing up. The RMC conversion of the Big Dipper will have to wait until 2016....

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

As much as they need some form of modern coaster, they desperately need a flat, and funnily enough thats all that's realistic in the timeframe. I must admit I can really see the logic in them putting in an air race, they're fantastic little rides, which aren't too intense and so are relatively friendly for those who aren't into thrills. Otherwise I actually can't think what they'd get. I could see them getting something from Gerst, but after hearing how awful the sky fly's throughput is I would dread to think how awful the queues would be.

Also come on guys, if it's a coaster we all know it's going to be an aquatrax :wink:

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Don't they have a habit of opening things in June onwards, though? Because, if it wasn't due to open until July, or later, then it could be something slightly bigger.