What's new

Real Madrid World | Hala Madrid | GCI Wooden Hybrid Coaster | 2024?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The lift hill's pretty steep too. Could this be the debut of the Infinity flyers? The elements look a little more intense than usual for a GCI.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Skyline have released a newsletter, which confirms that this coaster will boast 33 moments of airtime, more than any on any wooden coaster in the world:-

A record-breaking wooden roller coaster at Bollywood Parks Dubai is nearing completion and more information is slowly being released. One such piece of info is that this behemoth of a ride will boast 33 discrete moments of airtime, more than any other wooden roller coaster on the planet. Skyline has worked with Great Coasters International over the past few years to bring this one-of-a-kind ride to life, and we cannot wait to see it open soon!

Also **** me that's a steep drop for a GCI:-

1623163496796.png

I'm almost certain it will be the debut of the Infinity flyers.

Hutch

Strata Poster
That's a pretty sweet-looking drop! Should be great in the back.

What's going on with that middle portion though? There are a fair amount of turns and gentle hills high off the ground, doesn't seem very exciting at that point.

catsounds

Mega Poster
Skyline have released a newsletter, which confirms that this coaster will boast 33 moments of airtime, more than any on any wooden coaster in the world:-

Also **** me that's a steep drop for a GCI:-

View attachment 12135

I'm almost certain it will be the debut of the Infinity flyers.
'33 discrete moments of airtime' is that a bad translation or what they really mean?

so the airtime is subtle or not that noticeable? xD

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve got to say, this ride looks like it could be quite something! The layout almost looks like a homage to the good old Cyclone layout in many ways, but hugely upscaled and with a modern twist!

I’m loving the sound of those “33 discrete airtime moments”; GCI are fab at throwing awesome pops of airtime from you out of seemingly nowhere, so I’m gratified to see that Bombay Express looks to embody some of that!

Are any other stats known, out of interest, like height, speed and length?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I’ve got to say, this ride looks like it could be quite something! The layout almost looks like a homage to the good old Cyclone layout in many ways, but hugely upscaled and with a modern twist!

I’m loving the sound of those “33 discrete airtime moments”; GCI are fab at throwing awesome pops of airtime from you out of seemingly nowhere, so I’m gratified to see that Bombay Express looks to embody some of that!

We don't "know" the height and speed currently, but I worked out, comparing the lift structure to that of Texas Stingray, that the lift hill is about 130ft tall (just shy of Wodan's height as the tallest GCI).

HQCrazyCat

Roller Poster

From this article in Gulf Business...

With a track length over 1km and speed of 88km/h, the coaster will have 33 discrete moments of ‘airtime’, the most in any wooden coaster in the world, and will grant the park its second world record of the year.

1km is about 3300 ft and 88km/h is 55 mph.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Photos of the John Wick land going up and based on the colors unless the park repainted it I assume that it would have had a Green Lantern theme had Six Flags Dubai not been cancelled.9840272-C-92-F9-4414-9608-9-F573-AB0-E071.jpg
24631618-6503-4-E6-E-8-F61-75-E05274-EE78.jpg
EE0-C02-B7-1-DE8-4-AF1-B237-44885-B05-D36-D.jpg
F45-E4514-79-F0-4-D29-8408-2956-A2568-EDD.jpg
Apparently they're supposed to open by Expo 2020, whatever that is.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Well, at least Dubai gets one attraction ready for the Expo. I frequent the Skyscrapercity forums a lot, and the number of times I've heard "it will be finished in time for Expo 2020" is somewhat staggering. Particularly since seemingly half of those projects are now abandoned.