What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Matt N

CF Legend
This might sound really stupid, but to me, the veins on the track seemed to look slightly brighter in the nighttime photos and videos than they did in the daytime ones, and not in the way that things that are lit by backlighting traditionally do.

With this in mind, I was going to say; could the veins on the track possibly glow in the dark? I assume they’d be able to do it with some sort of special glow-in-the-dark paint or something if they wanted, and it would be quite a visually striking effect for night rides if pulled off well!

I’m still not wholly convinced by the veins myself, but the way they look seems to vary quite a bit with photos. In some photos, they look OK, but in others, I’m not that keen on them.

Coastiesaurus

Roller Poster
I'm actually a fan of the new track. More than the aesthetics though, quite frankly I'm just glad that Merlin are doing something, anything different and renovating a classic coaster with a fresh, new feel. Provided that they update the surrounding areas with theming to match, then it should be an awesome looking ride and area. Having said that, this is Merlin we are talking about. Their ability to snatch theming defeat from the jaws of victory still makes me nervous!

I was never a fan of the rusted look that Nemesis had, so each to their own. Can certainly understand why this is inspiring such a debate from the community.

supersion

Mega Poster
This might sound really stupid, but to me, the veins on the track seemed to look slightly brighter in the nighttime photos and videos than they did in the daytime ones, and not in the way that things that are lit by backlighting traditionally do.

With this in mind, I was going to say; could the veins on the track possibly glow in the dark? I assume they’d be able to do it with some sort of special glow-in-the-dark paint or something if they wanted, and it would be quite a visually striking effect for night rides if pulled off well!

I’m still not wholly convinced by the veins myself, but the way they look seems to vary quite a bit with photos. In some photos, they look OK, but in others, I’m not that keen on them.

I think you're definitely on to something there, as I did see from one of Merlin's tweets that it says a new 'Colour Changing Design'.... so it seems very plausible that it will glow in the dark. Either that... or maybe they've used some Hydrochromic ink which changes color when wet. But I think glow in the dark is more likely though.

Foxstar1387

Roller Poster
Things that I feel could enhance the experience would be things like.

Smoke-steam-mist
Lighting in or around the tunnels and tranches.
Tunnels painted up and or " extended" with the use of theming elements.
More close calls with new theme elements like vehicles and pseudo weapon things. ( maybe some things going more alien than human )

Would love the blood like rivers to come back but I dont think they would be able to do that now due to the enviro issues.

CineramaMax

Mega Poster
It's different and quite bold, but we can't judge it fully until the entire package (any new theming, landscaping, and the full coaster track layout etc) has been completed.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
UV light would be more practical than glow in the dark. Could also be a fancy way of Merlin saying "hey we didn't just paint it all black again."

This would be the only thing that would convince me this paint scheme is anything decent. With proper lighting, if the veins become luminous at night time and the black track drops away into nothing, that could be a really really awesome visual effect. I'm not sure its worth sacrificing the aesthetic for specific times of the day, but nonetheless it would be a saving grace learning that the ride could truly 'come alive' under the right conditions.

Imagine standing in the queue on a scarefest evening, it's drizzling with rain, its pitch black outside and the ride is running super fast, whizzing round the track that you can't even see. I'm willing to hold out on my initial opinions for now just for the chance that this scenario could ever be a reality.

Last edited: