What's new

Alabama Splash Adventure 2021

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I remember that at the 2019 ACE Winter Warm Up at Carowinds, Dan Koch and another higher up at Alabama Splash Adventure told us that they were considering adding a new coaster in the near future. The three options presented were a Gravity Group family wooden coaster (they mentioned it being similar to Kentucky Flyer), a Gerstlauer EuroFighter (they mentioned Tantrum), and a ProSlide water coaster (they mentioned like Wildebeest at Holiday World). I voted for the Gerstlauer EuroFighter, and apparently it was the most popular option of the three. During the presentation, they mentioned that the earliest this coaster could open would be 3 years from then, so I'm very confident that this 2021 addition will be one of those coaster options.

emertens

Roller Poster
On one hand, I do feel like it would be the Gerstlauer Eurofighter, but something else tells me that it is a Premier Sky Rocket II. I mean Premier sent out a post about a mystery project on the same day that ASA started teasing their coaster. It looked to be two Sky Rocket II cars underneath a tarp. Both would be amazing fits at the park. I think the Sky Rocket II would be the more visually appealing attraction since it would definitely rise over the tree line and be visible around the whole park. What I'm most excited about is the fact that the area around where the new coaster is going to be is no doubt going to get a nice cleanup. The area where the log flume was just looked like a mess after they tore out the log flume, plus the plaza over by the amphitheater just looked all crumbly and unattractive during the last season. It'll be nice to see that area of the park cleaned up.

Twisterfan1995

Roller Poster
Found the video of the presentation: ACE Winter Warm Up Welcome and Alabama Adventure and Splash Adventure presentation

If they add any combination of the above, all of them would definitely be substantial improvements and give the park another signature attraction alongside Rampage.

I remember that at the 2019 ACE Winter Warm Up at Carowinds, Dan Koch and another higher up at Alabama Splash Adventure told us that they were considering adding a new coaster in the near future. The three options presented were a Gravity Group family wooden coaster (they mentioned it being similar to Kentucky Flyer), a Gerstlauer EuroFighter (they mentioned Tantrum), and a ProSlide water coaster (they mentioned like Wildebeest at Holiday World). I voted for the Gerstlauer EuroFighter, and apparently it was the most popular option of the three. During the presentation, they mentioned that the earliest this coaster could open would be 3 years from then, so I'm very confident that this 2021 addition will be one of those coaster options.

emertens

Roller Poster
I think we were all hoping for a new thrill coaster. However, this is still great news. This is showing us that the park is ready to start investing more money into larger additions! A new water coaster or even some other large expansion with large slides to the waterpark will be loved by the locals and probably increase season pass sales and lead to larger additions in the future. I honestly would not be surprised if we saw a new steel coaster in 2023. That being said, I still think we will get a thrilling flat ride or something for the dry park in 2022. I'd just like to see some high-visibility flats in the dry park. Like I would LOVE to see the park remove the Crank'N'Roll attraction and the kiddie boat ride and move the Rock'N'Tug to the former location of the Crank'N'Roll, move the Teacups to the former location of the boat ride. I would like to see a Chance Rides Ferris Wheel added to the former location of the Rock'N'Tug and then a Larson Drop Tower added to the former location of the Teacups. That way, there would be high visibility flats that could be seen from around the park. I think a huge problem of the dry park is that some guests don't think there's anything over there other than Rampage since that is all that can be seen from the waterpark. Plus the dry park is awkwardly laid out with one of the major flat rides being placed in the kiddie area (Galleon) and then two kiddie rides being placed in the area of the few major rides (Rock'N'Tug and Teacups). If a Drop Tower took the place of the Teacups, it would bridge the gap of the Galleon and the rest of the major rides. That's just what I'd like to see come to the park before a new coaster.

emertens

Roller Poster
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. We have an announcement! We went from coaster or thrill ride, to water coaster, to....... A mat racing slide, and a pretty basic one at that. It'll definitely be fun and a hit among the families, but it just seemed a little overhyped. It'll be nice to see how else the park expands in that area in the park in the future.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Yeah as much as we obviously knew to expect a slide, a matt racer?! I mean that's pretty basic. I'm kinda surprised a waterpark such as Alabama Splash Adventure doesn't have one already. Really odd thing to hype up.