What's new

AI and Roller Coasters

I recently finished a video about AI designing a roller coaster, but some of the stuff AI created that didn't make it in to the video seemed worth sharing as well. I think AI has the potential to have a huge impact on the amusement park industry, for example, here's some potential concept art for rides created by Midjourney in just a few seconds:
A roller coaster themed to "The Last of us"

2cIcCz9xpjZ_fKueadanlepUyGQRz95QY61xVj54EB1cAt6iQnibt7bxJ6GuhYxJZeTzJyjZNc8PPDCsH1XjRIb0VComi3sn0AnZxlswIC8a43eQ8jGlGVsMmwwuXq_uq07zdlGdrM9EATb4iebqq0EoJ6nAt3esgeJXd0ieaBdy-cA1i-6O1GpLy1zQ6p-yfwPb38nFO0Eq8xVm61Pc_7vCPbhs-Ek4pMp8Q5Z8L7iX48B-S3fDByEOy6T2oNUD4q-4Zryjpuzx7-n4bYSKdjgdt2hs6KpuZyklyua_bkuyGesYqByZR9FoljHQ3VG_nyWp3wSBAzHDvYaOuBbwkMFbXz5xOF9A0UtouhvSws_dbSSIySrDpH7Rq9jwC0lkU8WLCq_IqcM5eNQZDNa82EG_XpMbHYjvtdeUNZTCobX59eDVvGGIgYOpR1GAo-mFTe1Okse8vyTA7mGUoLFDZDsB4r29y2O7wUEkLB2Jz1o-VHDX2WB1IDfUtxZNKsuCJ9c3m0DlmwoZTMx19KRo5o91unkmYPeNFfUG9DeZGzSbGdL-vNRRxWBtgbYzTcUnqWqIEMoqAUZRYtvT1LKUA03NAtWz1oRskOpq7d9MtPPNzzxkofYnkunsmL5KVE8t_UN8qBylugoyQ69yPLCGFBA83_5qlh06coCvoxwEeVDrEtxJg4B34N1RdrniaNNeJ1YPUQ-Ex36o_RX-Wq2PJ2sphtoLbeQTNjMqJjT9SDbQOEEBcBm8eh6xSn2fBR63YeycjHFhGpQhAnlzobjfBcKR0zxqy3ZggL-frjjeVEYDFNsSnL0h9k4ngjo_cNoz-Et8uM4WkQ_GBPMRX5VGaZnnyOUnn7BSSxbqPwpccDSUHDu1PEZXTn7KW4Ak5tMC4VtpaVE1bBk-Cg_rJVphZFcowV1tn1iPAwN7-xDC06xqIfSgyg=w1024-h1024-s-no

A roller coaster in hobbiton
2JxxhsOGLmGPGVvLa6RbOJ5jw1kyzLpWwaohrzAPQDcGsFKEPdrojF5IVjLuLyLI5-BCpF0XE0pFuuZFBX2VjlYTM-YiJ_GAPObumYF_0Y9rCvKq_b4JYxmk2NgvAj-e9ptkM-WhaB0LM7gaVQXLvkKi2oKMgd5bfBg0-v9GcEUp2yb1WvYK3ywFCAXENb5PixQWcbRCPIhuk9HX8bKDwtzpG6VByXirpaoNRKzYe2uVVcGJGU172ZmKYIS1qg1VBFYIGtTLWf8wcqR93FrywsrX-9zNBPQwoC7lrFePahe7IYmo2n1gsR4m5ppofF_8MnF7c3iZnMh-sp4Mb4uePkIm9O0MGm23HeiIhpIQIWmN566dS2DVnF1eH7DKA0jfy6wyVo1EqRaEHixbb23V56XiGSboYaIn5IpkdcThZap2FHCRSOasW2Kl0quW-oqKa4frS2FFC9tMVy6P_EahQ__08WyZdS-h6JU6XHnA_232ja5Pn-yBkFRwKbTGYt9qzsY2-LaHp1Dw00_MvSI4ao0G0O4Iw-xGVDRj9bhOLUMMBitDoRSCV2PwuZrExTitqDKn746yf7i46OecFUtb8Ovtsra8jMXlg5ujYXJeKyH90Vb0qlqsvbdLYhyBJQEJDOhiaHUDNWVyr_kFHCtVgn6pP21WcOKdLhM9U6seyp2UwoIW2RiV7t5bX4OiCO0pMQ8QX0qlVihLQeE_bspMEn6U3z8nqA6zzmsr7FvDBUj-ELhvlp-ntIIo2xtHVmn6tUYqK-Xt90sos6k3cs6mjeNojcZCfa1bcez3juGrxLUAKNK-Rt3lPW3NpVbULKctUIVzJNJvJkKY_QpBB-XlTwirsJNanSyDQpvyYUaF4AKYkEWaFgYO-uqU5vieE0S8hRE1ByhERZj4N3QFhyiS_bwGg5pOhjlCK8wiHDNNPoCLtTRgFA=w1792-h1024-s-no

I also asked ChatGPT for some potential roller coaster element names, and here's a few:
  1. "The Vortex Loop"
  2. "The Tempest Twirl"
  3. "The Zero-G Roll"
  4. "The Cyclone Spinner"
  5. "The Thunderbolt Twister"
  6. "The Starshot Plunge"
  7. "The Kraken's Wrath"
  8. "The Dragon's Dive"
  9. "The Hurricane Helix"
  10. "The Mirage Flip"
ok, so zero g roll has already been done, but the others sound interesting!

I asked chatGPT to write a joke about roller coasters and here's the result -

Why did the roller coaster break down?

Because it was too tired of going up and down all the time.

Maybe it needs a bit of work there, but the next example was much better, a sitcom based around ride operators at a theme park:

Title: Coaster Crew

Opening shot: A bustling amusement park with roller coasters and other attractions, and a small building next to one of the coasters marked "Ride Operations."

Fade in to the break room for the coaster crew. We see a group of ride operators, including the show's main characters: Tony, the jaded veteran operator; Emily, the enthusiastic newbie; and Luis, the hapless trainee.

Tony: "Another day, another dollar. How many screaming kids do we have to listen to before we can go home?"

Emily: "Come on, Tony, this is the best job ever! We get to operate some of the coolest rides in the world!"

Luis: "I just hope I don't mess up again. I don't want to be responsible for a train full of people getting stuck upside down."

Tony: "Relax, kid, it's not rocket science. Just hit the buttons and pray for the best."

Emily: "I heard they're sending in a secret shopper today. We need to make sure we're on our A-game!"

The group gets to work, loading and unloading guests on the coaster, dealing with the occasional unruly customer, and making small talk in between.

As the day goes on, they encounter various mishaps and setbacks, from a guest who drops their phone on the ride to a minor mechanical malfunction.

Despite the challenges, the group sticks together and supports each other through thick and thin, sharing inside jokes and bonding over their love of roller coasters.

As the sun sets and the park closes, the group gathers in the break room for a final debrief.

Tony: "Well, we made it through another day. Not bad for a bunch of misfits and screw-ups, huh?"

Emily: "I had so much fun today! Can you believe we get paid to do this?"

Luis: "Thanks for all your help, guys. I couldn't have made it through without you."

The group shares a round of high fives and fist bumps as the screen fades to black.

Closing shot: The roller coaster in the foreground, with the amusement park in the background, as the sun sets and the park lights come on.

I mean, it's better than some of the stuff on netflix / amazon prime, right? I'll finish here with ChatGPT's attempt to write a catchy pop song about roller coasters:

Verse 1: Up and down, around and round Feet off the ground, never feeling down Scream your lungs out, hands in the air Adrenaline rush, we don't have a care

Chorus: Roller coaster, take me higher Make my heart beat like a fire Gonna ride it all night long I'm singing this coaster song

Verse 2: Speeding up, I feel alive Pushed to the limit, ready to dive Dropping down, the wind in my face I'm addicted to this wild chase

Chorus: Roller coaster, take me higher Make my heart beat like a fire Gonna ride it all night long I'm singing this coaster song

Bridge: I'll never get enough, it's true I love the thrill, how 'bout you? Can't stop this ride, we're going strong Riding roller coasters all night long

Chorus: Roller coaster, take me higher Make my heart beat like a fire Gonna ride it all night long I'm singing this coaster song.

Has anyone else had a play about with ChatGPT or other AI apps? What other applications are there for AI in the amusement park industry?