What's new

Tripsdrill | Hals-Über-Kopf & Volldampf | Vekoma STC & Family Boomerang Coaster

cookie

Giga Poster
The 2020 park map is up. Sounds like theming won't happen until 2021

9595969d1579632683-2020-neuheit-family-boomerang-suspended-thrill-coaster-erlebnispark-tripsdrill-scannen1.jpg

The weird spike on the Family Boomerang does make more sense if the idea is that it'd burst through the station roof.

Source: Coasterfriends.de

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
How have I totally overlooked this until now? Never been to this park, never really wanted to tbh - it just hasn't popped up on my goon radar before, but yeah... new gen SLC? I'm all over that!
The fact that Holiday Park is just up the road is interesting too, cos I haven't been there either. Ooh look, from there it isn't far to Europa Park too... I think I feel a lil' trip coming on! :)
When is this expected to open, anybody know?

UP87

Mega Poster
And with the same reasoning: It's a prototype (at least Hals über Kopf is). Building the coaster itself was a lot faster though as the construction site is less complicated and the theming is less complex than at Phantasialand.

Trax

Hyper Poster
To be honest I can’t hear that prototype argument anymore. The track itself is nothing new. Yes, it is an inverted variant of the Vekoma track, but that does not make it harder to construct than other inverts. And FLY uses the same style of track.

The trains are new, but no prototypes. A prototype is something you build to initially test something and it usually never gets shipped to a customer. FLY contains a few track pieces from the prototype, but that’s all that’s a prototype. The rest is the first model sold, which might be vastly different from the initial prototype due to extensive testing.

Every custom layout is a unique coaster, which has never been constructed before. Does that make it a prototype?
If I buy the first car of a new model sold, do I own the prototype? No. I own the first one sold. Same goes in most parts for coasters.
The Maik reason Tripsdrill has not announced an opening date yet is probably the simplest one: They don’t want to create pressure or hurry and negative publicity (which is easy to get thanks to Facebook) when they can’t hold their promised opening date.
May I remind you of all the fun we made of SFMM because their 2019 addition opened in 2020 to the public?

Last edited:

UP87

Mega Poster
I don't think you can compare the coaster production to cars that are mass produced on the assembly line. Maybe prototype is not the perfect word but yes... every custom layout is something special and thus somewhat of a prototype. It's not completely uncommon that fixes have to be made to get everything up and running as it should be. The easiest things to point to are major problems like Maverick's roll or Intimidator 305's first drop / curve. (Even though I still don't understand how you can be wrong to THIS extend) Additionally there is another factor with a new coaster model: the train. Yes, Hals über Kopf's train is not as unique as F.L.Y. (and definitely has some similarities to Vekomas suspended family coasters) but when the track is finished it's still the first time anyone sees the train running a full track. For sure this and the TÜV testing can lead to some uncalculated delays.

Alessio

Roller Poster
Some pictures I captured yesterday at Tripsdrill of the construction site:

DJI_0412 Kopie_Fotor.jpgDJI_0408 Kopie_Fotor.jpgDJI_0405 Kopie_Fotor.jpgDJI_0402 Kopie_Fotor.jpgIMG_8534 Kopie_Fotor.jpgIMG_8543 Kopie_Fotor.jpg

RCS was busy installing several supports. Track of Hals-über-Kopf was already installed on the brakerun, in one of the valleys and on the exist of the overbank next to the lifthill of Volldampf.

Last edited:

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Would it be dangerous to visit mid April, Wanna do EP, Holiday & Tripsdrill but dont wanna miss these as probably wont return for several years. What we reconing opening date's gonna be we've seen RCS dont mess around...

Trax

Hyper Poster
Nobody will be able to tell you. Tripsdrill itself has not communicated any date other then 2020. Going there quite early in the season is more risky than a visit later in the season. You might be lucky, you might be unlucky.

Comparing this construction site to Abyssus, I don’t think they will be opening in April, I guess it will be mid may or later. Abyssus’ construction is more advanced, with EL being extremely quick with construction work, and without 2 coasters in close proximity constructed simultaneously.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
I know that no one will be able to tell me until closer to the date but recent RCS work has flown up over weeks, of course we’ll have to wait & see. Might be close either way tho