All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:19 am

From CoasterForce

Favorite Coaster: Outlaw Run
Favorite Park: PortAventura
Coaster Count: 509
UPDATE

I found this whilst digging around for information on behalf of my Nan who lives in Murcia and found this lovely nugget from condadodealhamaservices.com, which I've digested for you. :)

Last week, the Paramount officials unveiled a video detailing the plans and design for the new resort.

At least five different areas are planned, each with attractions themed to Paramount’s most popular movies. The areas will be known as follows;

Adventure City where the focus is on special effects and grandeur. There will be an Italian Job themed roller coaster. Mission: Impossible is represented by a 4D attraction. Also included is a special effect experience detailing the ill fated Titanic, called Titanic Exposed.

The Lost Valley area will be themed to a jungle/lost tomb area, with the emphasis on mystery and discovery. Tomb Raider and Congo River are two of the interactive, highly themed rides planned. There is also a Dragons Legend roller coaster in the pipeline.

Fantasy Space will house a family roller coaster themed to fairy tales. Continuing with the family friendly theme, other attractions in this area include playgrounds in a fantasy style environment.

There’s a scientific and space exploration area called Plaza Future. The War of The Worlds attraction will be another 4D attraction. There is a motion simulator themed to Star Trek.

The final area, Lifestyle Centre will contain restaurants, the largest meeting room in Murcia, two 5-star hotels, three 4-start hotels, 3-star resorts, clubs, bars and a 15,000 seat auditorium!

You can watch the video here:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk5_ZSYtMEg[/youtube]

Construction of the 158 hectare resort should start towards the end of this year and will open in 2015. Paramount have secured the license for a 30 year period and will create over 10,000 during and after construction.

Sounds great! Three coasters and plenty of other interactive attractions in a well themed park sounds like a winner to me. Looks like I should start phoning my Nan!

YouTubeFacebookTwitter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:30 am

CoasterForce

sillymatman1
coasterollie
Favorite Coaster: Piraten
Favorite Park: Phantasialand
Coaster Count: 172
All you had to do was say Tomb Raider and I'll be there in a flash. :P
It does sound good although I'd prefer more actual rides than just several 4D shows and simulators.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:36 pm

CoasterForc

Favorite Coaster: Grande Pomme
Favorite Park: DisneySea
Coaster Count: 591
Sounds pretty cool, quite a long time till opening though but it will be interesting to see how this progresses. I wonder what type of coasters it'll open with.

Films seen at the cinema count 2009 (84), 2010 (133), 2011 (116), 2012 (71), 2013 (71), 2014: 37

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:03 pm

Coaster

Damn, I used to live near-ish to here 10 years ago! I'm out of the loop now though, didn't even know Murcia was getting a new airport...

Anyway, the SE of Spain could definitely do with something like this to provide a focus for tourists.

Shall definitely be keeping an eye on it! (Just don't hold your breath, Spanish building projects are not best known for staying on schedule).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:20 pm

CoasterFor

thefunkster
Favorite Coaster: Expedition GeForce
Favorite Park: Depends really
Coaster Count: 394
Nothing in Spain runs smoothly, its annoying! Murcia does have a airport, they are probably upgrading all the facilities of it. To be fair it needs it especially with a GOOD tourist attraction nearby.

In the mean time, Terra Mittica anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:02 pm

CoasterF

Sounds excellent! Definately a park I would visit. Shame there is no new waterpark to make the most of the weather though.

A bit of competiton for PA aswell. As without a doubt this will apppeal highly to the UK market.

http://www.coastercounter.com/spicy_123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:30 pm

CoasterForce

Kotowa
Favorite Coaster: .
Favorite Park: .
Coaster Count: 90
Titanic Exposed eh? Better have some Kate Winslet breasts in there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:43 pm

EFL

Favorite Coaster: X2
Favorite Park: Tokyo DisneySEA
Coaster Count: 327
Ian wrote:
There will be an Italian Job themed roller coaster

They probably actually mean "The LA Job" by that, don't they? (ie, another "Back Lot Stunt Coaster") If so, I'll cry.

If not, and they're going to actually theme it to the ACTUAL Italian job, then I might actually spontaneously orgasm.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:58 pm

CoasterForc

Favorite Coaster: Montu, Busch Gardens
Favorite Park: Busch Gardens Tampa
Coaster Count: 150
Mushroom wrote:
Nothing in Spain runs smoothly, its annoying! Murcia does have a airport, they are probably upgrading all the facilities of it. To be fair it needs it especially with a GOOD tourist attraction nearby.

In the mean time, Terra Mittica anyone?

Some family members live in Murcia (well just out of there). The airport is being done up, and from what I've been told, another Terminal is being planned as well as high speed rail links to make this area a lot more connected to the rest of spain, Europe and the world.

This park can do nothing but good for this area. I am extremely excited for the next visits to the family!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:29 pm

CoasterForc

Favorite Coaster: Maverick
Favorite Park: Hersheypark
Coaster Count: 348
Nothing runs smoothly in Spain because procrastination is part of the national identity.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:31 pm

CoasterF

Favorite Coaster: Skyrush
Favorite Park: HersheyPark
Coaster Count: 170
It seems like there will be mainly 4D/simulator/special effect rides, not so many "real" rides. This does not appeal to me, I definitely prefer roller coasters and flat rides! I wont reject this park just yet, the two roller coasters might turn out awesome! But they better be, otherwise I won't bother to visit..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Coast

Favorite Coaster: Maverick
Favorite Park: Europa Park
Joey wrote:
Nothing runs smoothly in Spain because procrastination is part of the national identity.

Then I guess I am not Spaniard! :)

This park is a bad move in my opinion, because Spain already has 4 theme parks and none, bar PA, is doing good right now. Not even the oldest and best of all (PA) has ever reached 4,5 million visitors in a season. Do they *really* think they can do it?

Plus, the concept is not original at all. Movie based theme park? There's already Warner Bros Park. And Terra Mítica has proved that dark rides and show attractions just don't workin Spain, not even disguised under excellent themeing and landscaping.

As an enthusiast, I am happy, but I am not convinced at all this will work.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:28 am

CoasterFor

Favorite Coaster: X2
Favorite Park: SFMM, Los Angeles
Coaster Count: 678
^ Yeah, seems like the Spanish theme park market is already saturated with just 4 major parks, none of which are exactly excelling (Tibi has gone downhill, Terra Mitica has a history of financial problems and nobody even BOTHERS going to Warner).

Oh, and after going to a few (ex) paramount parks I can safely say that any future ones should be banned. Although, if they're not directly involved in the construction/management of the park I guess it could be OK.

I dunno, it just seems like a silly idea at the moment, but like Oriol says, a new park is a new park even if it does do a Hard Rock. ;).

10 years on CF 2004-2014

Coaster Creds - 678
Country Creds - 58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:25 am

CoasterForc

Favorite Coaster: Montu, Busch Gardens
Favorite Park: Busch Gardens Tampa
Coaster Count: 150
How does Isla Magica get on? I never hear about anybody actually going to there?

The thing what's really surprising is, although Terra Mitica is in Benidorm (near enough), it NEVER gets busy, I've never been there on a busy day, still. To be honest, whether this is down to advertising, money or people not wanting to leave the all-inclusive hotel (Benidorm reference ;) ), I don't know.

The area that this is going to be in isn't exactly tourist based, it's not far from Torrevieja or La Manga, but still, it's not tourist central, so yeah, I see what you mean, if a theme park in a major tourist area can't get many people coming through it's gates, how will one out of the beaten track?