What's new

Your worst spite

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Jesus Christ that's rough. I think most people only think of that coaster at Land of Legends but was there much else to do? Did you still manage to have an ok day?

These are definitely the worst types of spites when you go to a park for one specific coaster. If I went somewhere like Magic Mountain and a big coaster like Tatsu was down I probably wouldn't mind too much as there's loads more stuff to do. On the other hand, I still get a gut punch of sadness and jealousy when I think about my EGF spite from nearly two years ago because that park's a half dayer even with its star coaster open. I think the worst spite ever would be Wildfire at Kolmarden, did that happen to anyone on here when it was SBNO for ages in 2016/2017?

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
So... this just happened:
Bad luck man, Flash is lovely.

I think the worst spite ever would be Wildfire at Kolmarden, did that happen to anyone on here when it was SBNO for ages in 2016/2017?
Spited me when it opened, which used to be my worst.
After the Youtube vid was posted by the park manager saying "I've just finished walking the track, Wildfire WILL open June whatever it was. Buy a car, steal a boat, hire a plane, do what you must do and come ride it", it didn't open.

Wood Coaster has spited me twice though, falling under the same category of 'only thing you go to the park for'. Aiming to make it a third this year.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Shock Wave at Six Flags Over Texas. I was about to ride it, but a ride operator stopped me as the coaster couldn’t run even in the light drizzle of rain. I made a second attempt a few hours later, but failed once more. I came in knowing Mr Freeze and Joker would be down, but I had been looking forward to Shock Wave even more than New Texas Giant for my visit— hearing of insanely intense loops (5.9Gs!!) and great airtime intrigued me a lot as a Schwarzkopf fanboy. Overall my visit to the park was not desirable, I only got 5 creds out of 13 (Mini Mine Train, Titan, New Texas Giant, Runaway Mountain, Batman) and had to wait out an hour because the rain shut down everything. I would love to return to Over Texas but I sadly don’t see that happening, well, ever.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I realised I haven't posted it here yet, but yeah, un-spite!!! :D

LCn3qAn.jpg

MYfVFWX.jpg

S8nZgSf.jpg

igaavVo.jpg

QUGWMz4.jpg

DLTsoUR.jpg

I eventually decided to spend an extra day at the park, and it was worth every buck! Met and shared a few drinks with the General Manager, Cem, and was allowed a backstage tour and climb up the lift hill of Hyper Coaster.

Great ride btw, not super forceful, but fun airtime and soft laterals, and the drop is wicked on backseats :D

Matt N

CF Legend
I realised I haven't posted it here yet, but yeah, un-spite!!! :D

LCn3qAn.jpg

MYfVFWX.jpg

S8nZgSf.jpg

igaavVo.jpg

QUGWMz4.jpg

DLTsoUR.jpg

I eventually decided to spend an extra day at the park, and it was worth every buck! Met and shared a few drinks with the General Manager, Cem, and was allowed a backstage tour and climb up the lift hill of Hyper Coaster.

Great ride btw, not super forceful, but fun airtime and soft laterals, and the drop is wicked on backseats :D
Congratulations @Coaster Hipster; always great when that happens! How would you compare it to other hypers you've done, out of interest?

Spited by Expedition GeForce yesterday. That one was particularity raw. Still managed to have a lovely day at Holiday Park, but nothing can fully take away that slightly sick feeling you get when your main reason for journeying all the way from England is closed :(
Not sure if this is worse than Expedition GeForce or not, but i'm at Liseberg today and Helix is closed all day. Pretty heartbroken ngl.

cookie

Giga Poster
Not sure if this is worse than Expedition GeForce or not, but i'm at Liseberg today and Helix is closed all day. Pretty heartbroken ngl.
I was spited by their log flume when I went last week. There was no forewarning it'd be closed like there was with Atmosfear but apparently they just decided to do maintenance that day for whatever reason.

In fact the park as a whole had a lot of technical problems that day. Balder wouldn't open for an hour, the big flats all went from open to closed to open to closed to open again... Funniest was when I got stuck on Lisebergbanan's brake run and the exit gate locked itself so a staff member had to karate kick that thing open.

Last edited:
I was spited by their log flume when I went last week. There was no forewarning it'd be closed like there was with Atmosfear but apparently they just decided to do maintenance that day for whatever reason.

In fact the park as a whole had a lot of technical problems that day. Balder wouldn't open for an hour, the big flats all went from open to closed to open to closed to open again... Funniest was when I got stuck on Lisebergbanan's brake run and the exit gate locked itself so a staff member had to karate kick that thing open.
Haha, I wish that fixing Helix would be that simple!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Great Xingdong Tourist World.

No further comment at this painful time, but I'll get a trip report up when (if) I get over it.

C**ts

Great Xingdong Tourist World.

No further comment at this painful time, but I'll get a trip report up when (if) I get over it.

C**ts
Saw your pictures on FB the other day and actually softened the blow of being spited by Helix. Very sorry you had to go through that though.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Oh man Jetline at Grona lund. That one sucked because it's the biggest coaster in the park and visible from most of the paths :/