What's new

WTF BPB?

Will

Strata Poster
Overpriced, sure - but we can't knock them for trying.

We'd have paid that for the Mouse, let's be honest.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Overpriced, sure - but we can't knock them for trying.

We'd have paid that for the Mouse, let's be honest.
Shouldn’t have had to… Just announce a close date and run it normally until then.

With this announcement they’re basically saying… “Oh yeh, it still runs, but we just aren’t going to run it again until x date, when you can pay a massive extra fee if you want to ride it.”

I wouldn’t be against them running it normally, during a normal open ‘final day.’ Then charging extra for a final rides ert session. Because then everyone still gets a chance to say goodbye without the price tag, but those who wanna be among the final riders can pay extra for that honour. This way, the way they are doing it, you basically will never ride this again now, unless you pay that fee. Just doesn’t sit right with me.

Last edited:

Sandman

Giga Poster
I completely agree Nicky.

The poor attempts to capitalise on every little thing are becoming rather transparent. I get that it's a business, but surely by having things like this included within the standard entry fee, you're giving people more reason to re-visit the park and part with their cash. It's not like they're adding new rides and attractions frequently.

I think there's an opportunity here for BPB to show the public that they can offer more for their money, rather than more for more money.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
I appreciate them doing this, I really do. The Grand Prix, while not anywhere near my favourite, has been there my entire life and I'd love one last lap on it, even though its probably 10 years since I actually went on it anyway! But when so many significant rides have gone in the last few decades with no fanfair, Log Flume, Turtle Chase, Whip, Noahs Ark, Vikingar and of course, the Wild Mouse it seems somewhat of an insult that this has closed, and its retirement has been accepted, only to miraculously reopen for a special event where people wave £50 notes at the gates.

Why can't it simply run until its closure as part of the park line up, with a special day thats a 9/10pm close to see the ride off with a bit of a fuss made?

This is just a farce, and it wouldn't shock me if the thing breaks down, it's an electric powered car ride which will have been SBNO for around 9 months by the time this event takes place, with zero spent on its winter maintenance, if they think they can just switch it on on the day and all will be well they are in cloud cuckoo land.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Apologies for the double post, but have actually attended the park today for the first time this year....my god!

One of the quietest weekend days I have ever seen, in very reasonable weather conditions. Longest waits of the day were Avalanche and Big One, both around 15 minutes, everything else was pretty much walk on.

Did every coaster bar Blue Flyer, plus all dark rides, the Express. What can I say, the park is in a state unlike anything I have seen before.

It's just not a good look when Iceblast, River Caves and Grand Prix are all closed long term, infact ironically the one that showed the most life is the one that's actually confirmed as being closed! Staff were out on the GP sweping leaves from the track, and later 2 staff were at the control console, however no cars are currently on the circuit. It wouldn't shock me if during the closed days it starts testing in preparation for this special day of opening, or indeed if it reopens for a bit previous as the amount of work that's going into it suggests it's too much effort for one evening of operation.

The River Caves and Iceblast look abandoned, there is no other way of putting it. The Haunted Swings existence has been glossed over completely with no other option but to exit Impossible with no reference made to the ride anymore.

As for the rest of the rides, all 3 woodies were running really well, the National was actually running particularly smoothly on row 2, not as smooth on a wheel seat but still nothing to complain about.

Icon was a lot of fun in the back row, Revolution again,m great as ever.

Infusion and the Big One were by far the worst rides of the day, Infusion is a ride I can actually enjoy but for the final double barrel roll, however today the entire layout was like a runaway cement mixure, absolutely horrible.

The Big One wasn't much better, from the turnaround onwards was rough, full of jolts and uncomfortable, particularly the section after the mid course, though that questionable hill out from the diver under the Big Dipper remains a major concern. Wasn't impressed with either of these two.

Coaster

Mega Poster
I had a look through Pleasure Beach's TripAdvisor for April 24, and it struck me that so many people are complaining about the same thing; e-ticket scanning on the rides.

We all know that Pleasure Beach ignores enthusiasts, but I find it absolutely baffling that they also refuse to listen to feedback given to them by their core customer base.

Surely, there are people working in high-up positions at Pleasure Beach who have the role of identifying commonly complained about issues and acting on that feedback? When so many families are raising the same issue, Pleasure Beach must realise that this ridiculous system of scanning to get onto every ride is trashing the guest experience offered.

It's literally evidenced in these complaints to be costing the park a fortune in bad word-of-mouth and reducing the likelihood of return visits, yet they still don't take it onboard.

Do they even care?

1713781798844.png1713781811384.png1713781837648.png1713781842082.png1713781816006.png1713781819099.png1713781822072.png1713781825188.png1713781828184.png1713781831194.png

Will

Strata Poster
I love that there's someone on there complaining that Wetherspoons expects you to pay for food at time of ordering 'even though it's table service'

Some people just don't belong in Blackpool 🤣 🤣

The e-ticket thing is a pain, to be fair - I don't know why they brought it in, and I really don't know why it's still in.
Just one small example, but I'm a big fan of Valhalla. My phone ISN'T!
As has been pointed out, it must be an even bigger hassle for families - I've dealt with the issue of kids wanting to use a Fastrack ticket that's for some reason on Mum/Dad's phone - and that was quite irritating enough.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Unless a pay per ride system returns this whole idea of scanning onto each ride I absolutely absurd, and if a PPR system does return along side a none rider pass, get on with it, and let all day ticket holders go back to wristbands instead of this BS we have today.

It's an absolute crying shame whats happening to the park, I have grown up with the place, I have met great friends there, hand hundreds of brilliant days there. On two occasions I have been close to tears, once was seeing the Log Flume get ripped down, the other was on Sunday outside the River Caves. We had already seen Iceblast, and were yet to examine the Grand Prix, but it was a difficult day, seeing it so quiet, then seeing these SBNO rides, then seeing the state other areas are in (PBE in particular around the back of Steeplechase) it just so sad to it so badly neglected, and know that those incharge don't care.

I cant blame the authors of those comments, and if it weren't for my ridiculous desire to continue to ride a certain few rides I'd not be back, and they removed one of the rides a go back for a few years ago, and while the Grand Prix and Iceblast maybe not be my favourite rides, they add to the park, they spread crowds out and its just visually pleasing to have them running. Seeing the Grand Prix lifeless was sad, knowing it can be made to run but only for a paid event is a rotten way to run the business.

I, like so many others want BPB to pull through and thrive, but changes of attitude or personal at the top need to happen for it to stand a chance, because whatever strategies are being used now are not working.