What's new

Why are Merlin annual passes cheaper to buy monthly than yearly?

Dan1989

Mega Poster
I have just been looking at season pass prices for next year and on the Merlin website it appears to be cheaper to pay monthly than pay the whole thing upfront. Isn't it usually suppose to be the other way around? I think it came to just under £140 for the monthly option and £179 to pay up-font, is there some sort of promotion on at the moment possibly? I'm confused.....

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
But second year works out the same as renewals, without the faff of paying 100% up front. That's all ÷)

Sent from my small tapping device...

Ethan

Strata Poster
I did hear from somebody in Merlin that it's because Merlin get all their money at the start of the year and then distribute it to the parks, attractions etc. Which is why quite a few of the attractions begin marketing new additions around that time, because there's not much money later in the year. I would imagine that by encouraging people to pay monthly, this means there's a little more cash coming in at a steady pace throughout the year, rather than the lump sums at the start?

Not saying this is the reason, but it may have something to do with it?

rob666

Hyper Poster
With monthly there is no renewal, you are a member forever unless you cancel.
Annual pass...conscious choice each year.
They actually prefer the repeat business of subscription, so it is priced a bit cheaper.