What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Sandman

Giga Poster
I'm glad you enjoyed it mate - it's certainly up there for me.
It's between Europa and this for my favourite park, although Phantasialand's rides knock Europa's socks off.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Apologies for bumping the F.L.Y thread, just have a quick question but doesn't warrant a new thread.

Does anyone know when tickets for the 2023 season go on sale? Looking to visit on the 3rd/4th of April but it's not possible to book yet, quite eager to get on F.L.Y...

Trax

Hyper Poster
My guess would be February, once the season is over. But especially as they don’t sell tickets at the park anymore they will start to sell the tickets early enough.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Apologies for bumping the F.L.Y thread, just have a quick question but doesn't warrant a new thread.

Does anyone know when tickets for the 2023 season go on sale? Looking to visit on the 3rd/4th of April but it's not possible to book yet, quite eager to get on F.L.Y...

You can already book the Charles Lindbergh hotel, if that’s of interest.

Ethan

Strata Poster
You can already book the Charles Lindbergh hotel, if that’s of interest.
Not staying on site this time, but thanks, just after park tickets! Got a reply from their Ticketing team and they have said early/mid February :)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
The POV absolutely does not do the ride justice, and I'm sure anyone else who has ridden it will agree with me.

Indeed - it makes it look a lot better than I remembered. I was mildly underwhelmed by the thing tbh. Mind you I did only have one ride and it was somewhere in the middle of the train so perhaps I don't have the full experience. Based on that clip, FLY looks like it absolutely is a front-row coaster. I actually want to ride it again now.

On another note, I didn't actually realise you'd been to Phantasialand Crash', when was this? Was there a trip report? Cred reviews etc?

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
I did only have one ride and it was somewhere in the middle of the train so perhaps I don't have the full experience. Based on that clip, FLY looks like it absolutely is a front-row coaster.

Middle of the ride was a meh experience to me too, the ride improves much more when you're in front or back row. I personally enjoyed front row the most.