What's new

Hersheypark | Chocolatetown | 2019/2020 Park Expansion

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yay for both of those, they're looking great! The B&M 'cos they always do, and Fahrenheit 'cos the colour scheme is so vibrant now!

Matt N

CF Legend
This coaster looks more and more wonderful the more I see of it! I can just picture the blissfully strong airtime you'll get plunging down that first drop and whipping over those airtime hills!

As @Antinos said above, I also see many similarities between this and Mako, and as I adored Mako when I last rode it (admittedly, that was in 2016, so I'm not sure what I'd think now I've ridden more coasters and Mako's aged a bit), that is definitely a promising sign!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Construction update of Candymonium by Coaster Spotting as of December 27th, which confirms that the airtime hill after the turnaround will have trims, as if we (I) had any doubt. That makes two sets that we know of so far:-

Hutch

Strata Poster
The whole section after the first drop is basically Mako's elements mid ride: big camelback, hammerhead turnaround, medium camelback, speed hill. Should be great.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I despise trims on these airtime hills. I rode Mako for the first time in December and that trim on the hill before the MCBR just killed the momentum to me. I know it's there for a reason but it just felt so unnecessary.

emoo

Hyper Poster
I really like how the ride going out and back has been placed over a river that's now zigzaging its way underneath.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I really like how the ride going out and back has been placed over a river that's now zigzaging its way underneath.
Oh yes, that's lovely! I hadn't appreciated it would have this sort of interaction with the river before. How cute. :)