What's new

Metropolis 1899 - retro sci-fi/steampunk park

Heth

Mega Poster
Hi guys,

This is a project I've been working on for absolutely ages, on and off. The theme is a towering city as imagined by sci fi writers of the 1800's. Before anyone asks, it was started before FLY at Phantasialand opened ;)

FB_IMG_1601500924312.jpg
FB_IMG_1601500921321.jpgFB_IMG_1601500913902.jpg

This is still work in progress, and the whole park is big in scale, so will take a while still!

Heth

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Final pictures gives me FLY-Monster mash-up vibes. Excellent!

Heth

Mega Poster
Thanks guys! Because this was started before even FLY was announced, albeit in RCT3, it feels weird to see comparisons. All I hope is that people wont think I'm hopping on the popularity bandwagon!

One of the rides actually finished is this one called Hotel Futura, a kind of steampunk ghost train style ride. You will note that the exterior shots were filmed in an older version of the park.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Thanks guys! Because this was started before even FLY was announced, albeit in RCT3, it feels weird to see comparisons. All I hope is that people wont think I'm hopping on the popularity bandwagon!
I mean, I don't think it would matter even if you were! This project is looking really fun and whimsical so far, I'm very intrigued!

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow, I’m in love with that ghost train! Absolutely phenomenal work; far superior to anything I’ve ever created in Planet Coaster!

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Yeah I really like that, some great little tricks in there to keep it engaging throughout.
Is the roof terrace bit actually an outdoor area in the park? Looks like it would be a really cool moment.
Are the people meant to be real (restaurant - guests, other incidentals - actors)? Health and safety would have a field day.